Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CELLULAR ONE

(Bedford County)

Default CELLULAR ONE

Anyone here have a phone through Cellular One?

My local Cell One office now has a "no firearms" sign on the door.

I don't remember seeing that sign last month when I went in to pay my bill.

I walked from my truck to the front door and looked at the sign, walked right in with my Kahr P9 on my belt, paid my bill and left.

I don't plan on paying through the mail, but I also don't plan on leaving the Kahr in the truck. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Any other Cell One offices with signs like this?

Default Re: CELLULAR ONE

A lot of the telco carriers are at the mercy of the insurance companies. The actuaries and policy wonks deep in the bowels of the insurance companies make these rules, and push them onto the carriers by a bait of mostly lower premiums. Since the cellular phone market is very competitive for sellers, they cut costs anywhere possible.

I sincerely doubt anyone within the store had anything to do with the sign. Irrespective, call customer service and complain. The last thing carriers want is a lot of customers leaving, so they will listen.

By "Cellular One", I take this was a local A Band carrier? If that's the old Dobson rural, go ahead and boycott! [8^)

(Berks County)

If you walked in carrying and no one said anything, then I doubt that sign has much value. However, if you want to play it safe so you're not running the risk of a trespass violation, ask the management about the new sign and see what they say. If it's a problem for them that you have a weapon on you when you enter, then tell them you'll be looking for a new service provider the day your contract is up with them.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

Three days ago I went to the Social Security Office and I was asked by the secutity guard on duty (armed) if I carry any weapons.I told him YES and that I have a CCW and I'll be in and out and the guy didn't ask for anything else.I was out the door in like two minutes anyway.

(Erie County)

The one on Peach St. here has a sign. I was surprised, that is literally the only business that has a such a sign. It's a decent sized sign too. Our mall has a sign but it lists a bunch of things and I think it says "weapons."

Anytime I see a commercial they do mention something like "Dobson Communication Network" or something along those lines.