Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default SB35 (2009) - Mandatory Firearm Registration in Cities of the First Class

Start calling and writing your representatives:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...S&type=B&bn=35

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for registration of firearms; and providing for mandatory registration of firearms in cities of the first class and for transfer of firearms.

Prime Sponsor: Senator TARTAGLIONE

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Jan. 20, 2009 [Senate]
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SB35 (2009) NOT JUST PHILLY

SENATE BILL

No. 35 Session of

INTRODUCED BY TARTAGLIONE, FONTANA, WASHINGTON, WILLIAMS, HUGHES AND KITCHEN, JANUARY 20, 2009

REFERRED TO JUDICIARY, JANUARY 20, 2009

AN ACT

Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for registration of firearms; and providing for mandatory registration of firearms in cities of the first class and for transfer of firearms.
    The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
    Section 1. Section 6111.4 of Title 18 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended to read:
    § 6111.4. Registration of firearms.
    [Notwithstanding any section of this chapter to the contrary,] Except as provided in section 6111.6 (relating to mandatory registration of firearms in cities of the first class), nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership within this Commonwealth. For the purposes of this section only, the term "firearm" shall include any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.
    Section 2. Title 18 is amended by adding sections to read:
    § 6116.6. Mandatory registration of firearms in cities of the first class.
    (a) Registration.--Every person who is a resident of a city of the first class and acquires a firearm shall register the firearm with the Pennsylvania State Police in the manner prescribed by this section within five days of acquisition.
    (b) Contents of registration form.--The registration shall be on a uniform form prescribed by the Attorney General and shall include the following information:
    (1) Name and permanent address of the owner.
    (2) Name of the manufacturer and importer.
    (3) Model.
    (4) Type of action.
    (5) Caliber or gauge.
    (6) Serial number.
    (7) Source from which the acquisition occurred, including the name and address of the prior registrant.
    (8) If the firearm has no serial number, the permit number shall be entered in the space provided for the serial number, and the permit number shall be engraved on the receiver portion of the firearm prior to registration.
    (c) Confidentiality of information.--Registration data that would identify the individual registering the firearm by name or address shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed to anyone, except as may be required for processing the registration or as may be required by a law enforcement agency for the lawful performance of its duties or as may be required by order of a court.
    (d) Exemptions.--Registration shall not be required for:
    (1) Any firearm manufactured on or before 1898.
    (2) Any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock or percussion cap type of ignition system.
    (3) Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (1) if the replica either:
    (i) is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional center fire fixed ammunition; or
    (ii) uses rimfire or conventional center fire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
    (e) Registration fee.--No fee shall be charged for the registration.
    (f) Penalty.--A resident of a city of the first class who fails to register a firearm as required under this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    § 6111.7. Transfer of firearms.
    (a) Duty of transferor.--In all cases where a firearm is acquired from another person within this Commonwealth, other than a transfer that occurs under section 6111 (relating to sale or transfer of firearms), the person who transfers title to the firearm shall submit to the Pennsylvania State Police, within 48 hours after transferring the firearm, the following information in writing:
    (1) Name and permanent address of the person who transferred the firearm.
    (2) Name and permanent address of the person to whom the title to the firearm was transferred.
    (3) Names of the manufacturer and importer.
    (4) Model.
    (5) Type of action.
    (6) Caliber or gauge.
    (7) Serial number as applicable.
    (b) Duty of transferee.--Any person who acquires a firearm pursuant to subsection (a) shall be subject to section 6111.6 (relating to mandatory registration of firearms in cities of the first class).
    (c) Penalty.--Any person who fails to comply with this section commits a misdemeanor of the third degree.
    Section 3.
    This act shall take effect in 60 days.

Quoted for ease of reference

THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT PHILLY! IT REQUIRES STATEWIDE REGISTRATIONS OF PRIVATE TRANSFERS

§ 6111.7. Transfer of firearms.
    a) Duty of transferor.--In all cases where a firearm is acquired from another person within this Commonwealth, other than a transfer that occurs under section 6111 (relating to sale or transfer of firearms), the person who transfers title to the firearm shall submit to the Pennsylvania State Police, within 48 hours after transferring the firearm, the following information in writing:

Violation is an M3!

(Centre County)

Default Re: SB35 (2009) - Mandatory Firearm Registration in Cities of the First Class

Judicary Committee
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...?body=S&cde=19

Officers
    Greenleaf, Stewart J. , Chair sgreenleaf@pasen.gov
    White, Mary Jo, Vice Chair mwhite@pasen.gov
    Leach, Daylin , Minority Chair leach@pasenate.com
    Scarnati, Joseph B., III, ex-officio jscarnati@pasen.gov

Majority
    Browne, Patrick M. pbrowne@pasen.gov
    Earll, Jane M. jearll@pasen.gov
    Gordner, John R. jgordner@pasen.gov
    Orie, Jane Clare jorie@pasen.gov
    Piccola, Jeffrey E. jpiccola@pasen.gov
    Rafferty, John C., Jr. jrafferty@pasen.gov

Minority
    Boscola, Lisa M. boscola@pasenate.com
    Costa, Jay costa@pasenate.com
    Fontana, Wayne D. fontana@pasenate.com
    Stack, Michael J. stack@pasenate.com

Get those emails out! Next Judiciary meeting is January 27, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(York County)

Default Re: SB35 (2009) - Mandatory Firearm Registration in Cities of the First Class

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ronin View Post
    Judicary Committee
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...?body=S&cde=19

Officers
    Greenleaf, Stewart J. , Chair sgreenleaf@pasen.gov
    White, Mary Jo, Vice Chair mwhite@pasen.gov
    Leach, Daylin , Minority Chair leach@pasenate.com
    Scarnati, Joseph B., III, ex-officio jscarnati@pasen.gov

Majority
    Browne, Patrick M. pbrowne@pasen.gov
    Earll, Jane M. jearll@pasen.gov
    Gordner, John R. jgordner@pasen.gov
    Orie, Jane Clare jorie@pasen.gov
    Piccola, Jeffrey E. jpiccola@pasen.gov
    Rafferty, John C., Jr. jrafferty@pasen.gov

Minority
    Boscola, Lisa M. boscola@pasenate.com
    Costa, Jay costa@pasenate.com
    Fontana, Wayne D. fontana@pasenate.com
    Stack, Michael J. stack@pasenate.com

Get those emails out! Next Judiciary meeting is January 27, 2009.

sending my letter asap

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Lawrence County)

Just sent an email to my Senator, hopefully these all get stomped badly. It sickens me that with the economy going down the tubes these pricks have nothing better to do than try to pass their bullshit bills.

If you don't know your senator or his/her email, follow this link. Only takes 10 minutes to possibly save the rights of generations.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/find.cfm

(Bucks County)

Just sent a letter to my senator. Thanks for the heads up!

(Montgomery County)

can folks post what letter they are sending? I'm crafting one as I post this, but would like to make sure I hit on the major points in a way that they will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    can folks post what letter they are sending? I'm crafting one as I post this, but would like to make sure I hit on the major points in a way that they will understand.
    That would be a big help for me also as I am not the best at getting my point across in writing.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Writing my letters now, will post samples once complete.

One to my State Senator who is on the committee, and one to the other members of the committee.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Bucks County)

KILL IT!!! KILL IT QUICK!!!!! WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, every member here should contact all of the reps and senators. Remember how well that worked for state parks carry? We have to jump on this crap with both feet.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast