Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: State Constables, the best kept secret in PA.

I was the only one on the ballot, so got 98% of the vote.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I was the only one on the ballot, so got 98% of the vote.
    Congratulations and good luck with the position.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I wonder how many constables this thread has and will produce?
    Six years ago I read this thread a few months before the election. I did not know anything about Constables, didn't know what they did or anything, but did some research and found that certified constables can carry in all 50 states. Well, that's all I needed to know. Filed for a vacancy placement and was appointed by the local judge to fill the empty constable position and then did a write-in campaign and won the election. Just got re-elected for another six year stint.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

Looks like upper providence in Montgomery county is going to have a libertarian constable since he was the only one on the ballot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkl56 View Post
    Looks like upper providence in Montgomery county is going to have a libertarian constable since he was the only one on the ballot
    It seems odd that they would even have party affiliations. Do Dem constables go after guys who shoot in their backyards and leave pedophiles off the hook or something?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Ha . . .
    luvin * a good sense of humor.

Here … Hold my drink; and watch this.

(York County)

Constable election here had NO candidate at all. 16 write-in votes. Whomever gets in, it'll likely be with single-digits of votes.

I'da run, except I only moved here 4 days ago, so not eligible.

Looking through the county election results... MOST constable positions had no candidate. The few that had a candidate were uncontested.

Interestingly, "judge of elections" and "Inspector of Elections" also had no candidates here. Might have to look into those.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Maybe in a couple of years when I have some time to dedicate to the position, I'll actually run. I'm pretty sure I'll receive a single vote only.
    Hey, that is how I got in. And if there are a couple of one vote names and none with 2 or more, they'll draw lots to see who gets the position.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Is it a worthwhile endeavor these days?
    Maybe. I've make about $8K a year for the last several years, with 20 being a low year. I only work out of one court, and it is about 2-3 hours a week to get that. There are some constables that work full time and make good money at it, but they have to work out of several courts.

However with training costing $2.5K for new constables this election cycle, there may be a lot more work available with retiring constables possibly not being replaced. Also, the $2.5K spent comes with no guarantee of work.

Six years ago I read this thread a few months before the election. I did not know anything about Constables, didn't know what they did or anything, but did some research and found that certified constables can carry in all 50 states. Well, that's all I needed to know. Filed for a vacancy placement and was appointed by the local judge to fill the empty constable position and then did a write-in campaign and won the election. Just got re-elected for another six year stint.
    There a couple of issues in my understanding that may complicate this. Constables don't have an "agency" and we aren't issued ID cards that meet the LEOSA requirements. I know that NY state says we are covered under LEOSA, but they only cover NY. NJ, until SCOTUS smacks them down, I wouldn't put past arresting you anyway and making you pay for court and lawyers to get cleared, and probably drop the case right before the decision so they don't have loss for others to point to.

Retired though, I believe we are in much better shape, as the PSP will accept us for shooting LEOSA quals, but I've never gotten a hard conformation on that.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Retired though, I believe we are in much better shape, as the PSP will accept us for shooting LEOSA quals, but I've never gotten a hard conformation on that.
    Constables don't retire, so once you are no longer a Constable, you loose your LEOSA rights.

(Montgomery County)

I thought constables didn't qualify for federal carry?

Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast