Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1911 Tighter than any 1911 I've held.

I purchased a SA Loaded stainless in (9mm) a couple months or more. Here's the deal it's tight, slide to barrel bushing TIGHT a very accurate 1911. But so tight that after 20 -25 rds the carbon build up will stop the slide in mid action. Spray a little break free & a little lube. Everything great, very accurate again. One I first purchase looked at it out from under the glass & racked the slide it was a Dam that's tight. I'll take it, I had a feeling it would be a one in a million made & sold so tight. I have owned & own many 1911's none ever this tight. Even some high end I own. Anyone ever come across one with the same characteristic's? Oh & not just tight it's extremely smooth when racking the slide, I does not feel like a & $700 - $800 pistol. Feels more like a $2000 ..1911
    Last edited by Ronnies111; June 27th, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Chester County)

Default Re: 1911 Tighter than any 1911 I've held.

I have some Baer's that are tight, but none have ever failed because of the build.

Have you taken it apart and cleaned and lubed? Are you sure that the round is feeding properly? Do you have any pics of the failure? Does the pistol have a buff? What type of lube are you using? When you say it is stopping mid cycle, how far out of battery is it? What ammo and mags are you using?

Carbon should not be able to cause a failure in a 1911 after that few rounds.

(Allegheny County)

My TRP was super tight, couldnt break the slide to rack it by hand when I first got it, would have to hit it on the floor. Wouldnt go back fully either without a nudge. Didnt malf on it like that though, but then again the 45ACP recoil is more forceful working the slide than 9mm.

Sit down in front of the TV, lube her up, and work the slide by hand. Dont let it slam shut on an empty chamber, just cycle it fully back and forth until it breaks in. Once it laps in youll get a perfect fit and it will slide like butter.

How many rounds through it so far? I'd see where it is after about 750 or more before I tried to fix anything.

Clean it really well with a good solvent, then lube it and give it a try
    Last edited by tdyoung58; June 27th, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I have some Baer's that are tight, but none have ever failed because of the build.

Have you taken it apart and cleaned and lubed? Are you sure that the round is feeding properly? Do you have any pics of the failure? Does the pistol have a buff? What type of lube are you using? When you say it is stopping mid cycle, how far out of battery is it? What ammo and mags are you using?

Carbon should not be able to cause a failure in a 1911 after that few rounds.
    When I got it was tighter than it is now I just wanted to know if there were a boggie man in a 1911..lol & if mine was the only one. That's usually the kind of crap I get..where they scratch their head an say..dam Bubba ...Ain't never seen nuttin lik dat..lol

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    How many rounds through it so far? I'd see where it is after about 750 or more before I tried to fix anything.

Clean it really well with a good solvent, then lube it and give it a try
    About 500rds so far, It is getting loser than when I broght her home
    Lube SLIP 2000
    Slide stops about midway.Ammo: Federal FMJ & JHP

Today I just locked the slide open took the powder blast ...blew out then lube..bang..lol I figured with it so tight had to shoot good ..just need a little range time..I hope?

(quote) Carbon should not be able to cause a failure in a 1911 after that few rounds.(un) thats what I thought but after the powder blast & lube one hell of a accurate shooter???>>Is there any kind of heat issue that could cause it? Cause it was hot as hell today?
    Last edited by Ronnies111; June 27th, 2009 at 10:08 PM.

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=Ronnies111;792389]About 500rds so far, It is getting loser than when I broght her home[/QUOTE/]

If you are having a failure every few mags as you stated, after 500 rounds something is not right. Do you know what # spring you are running? I would start there.

A good 1911 can be very tight during break in, but that fit should not cause a failure.

These two pistols won bets for me. They where tight enough that you had to know how to rack them out of the box or you would be SOL.
    The SS Stinger, I needed a hammer to get the bushing on after cleaning.

[QUOTE=d90king;792403]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    About 500rds so far, It is getting loser than when I broght her home[/QUOTE/]

If you are having a failure every few mags as you stated, after 500 rounds something is not right. Do you know what # spring you are running? I would start there.

A good 1911 can be very tight during break in, but that fit should not cause a failure.

These two pistols won bets for me. They where tight enough that you had to know how to rack them out of the box or you would be SOL.
    The SS Stinger, I needed a hammer to get the bushing on after cleaning.

Nice pistol's I know it sound so weird but one you spray the powder blast it's
    as smooth as a baby's bottom. It's shoots good. 'l'll go back to the range tomorrow & run a few more hundred rds through her & post the outcome.
    PS: I really love that black 1911...purtty
    Last edited by Ronnies111; June 27th, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

Para ssp and springfield body with Caspian slide.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    About 500rds so far, It is getting loser than when I broght her home
    Lube SLIP 2000
    Slide stops about midway.Ammo: Federal FMJ & JHP

Today I just locked the slide open took the powder blast ...blew out then lube..bang..lol I figured with it so tight had to shoot good ..just need a little range time..I hope?

(quote) Carbon should not be able to cause a failure in a 1911 after that few rounds.(un) thats what I thought but after the powder blast & lube one hell of a accurate shooter???>>Is there any kind of heat issue that could cause it? Cause it was hot as hell today?

are you saying you bought a slide stop from midway and added that on ?

if so that stop needs fitted, if its not fitted properly it will cause problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast