Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default For business who prohibit arms

I was looking over at PDO and found this post.
    "No Guns no Money
    Friends,

My wife and I are active CCL instructors and have a web site. Those of you who want to print no guns no money cards, buy Avery 8471 business cards at an office supply. Then go to

http://equalforce.org/Resources.html

This is our web site resource page. You can then click the PDF and if you have Adobe Acrobat you should be able to print the PDF. Notice that it is a front and back printing.

Good Luck"

These nice people now have a link to a new card that can be downloaded free that would apply to any state. I think I am going to have my printer run me of a thousand of them because it is a real nice polite way to show gun owners are respectful and responsible people and we have a choice of were our dollars go.
    I felt some may be interested in it here and you can print them on Avery card stock and a color printer in small quantities.
    Last edited by CCinPA; January 7th, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Beaver County)

Default Re: For business who prohibit arms

Well, they say that it is valid in any state. Unfortunatly, this is not true. On the back it states:

As a Citizen with a
    concealed handgun license, I:
    • Have no felony convictions.
    • Have never been convicted of domestic violence.
    • Have no history of mental illness.
    • Have passed a background check and have my
    fingerprints on file with the Authorities.
    • Have passed mandatory training in both the use
    of a firearm and the applicable law.

As we all know, our fingerprints are NOT on file, and we have not neccesarilyrecieved training in the use of a firearm or the laws regulating them.

I still think its a good idea for states where No Gun signs are common. I only know of one place in PA. The indiana Mall has a rule poster in the entrance. On it is "no firearms, kives...."

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    Well, they say that it is valid in any state. Unfortunatly, this is not true. On the back it states:

As a Citizen with a

As we all know, our fingerprints are NOT on file, and we have not neccesarilyrecieved training in the use of a firearm or the laws regulating them.

I still think its a good idea for states where No Gun signs are common. I only know of one place in PA. The indiana Mall has a rule poster in the entrance. On it is "no firearms, kives...."
    Also you don't have to be a Citizen to be able to carry. Also I discovered the other day that Franklin Mills Mall in Philly has a no firearm rule as well.

Does anyone know of other stores in the states that have signs stating no guns?

(Philadelphia County)

you can try overnightprints.com to get 100 free high quality business cards printed.

You can upload an image and they'll mail them to you. Im not sure if they still offer this service.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post

As a Citizen with a

Avispls,
    I picked up on those two issues also but for me they apply since I have both Florida and Utah permits, and it seems that it is becoming more and more popular for PA LTCF holders to move forward to get either a Utah or Florida permit. As for places who do not allow firearms in PA is most Malls and large big box stores. In PA they may not place it on a sign but it is usually in their policy and they can ask you to leave if they somehow discover you are carrying. The idea is just to get the message out and to show how large the numbers of gun owners are and that we as gun owners have a choice of who we will spend our money.
    Last edited by CCinPA; January 6th, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    you can try overnightprints.com to get 100 free high quality business cards printed.

You can upload an image and they'll mail them to you. Im not sure if they still offer this service.
    LorDiege, thanks I will check that one out and let everyone here know is they are still doing that.

(Bucks County)

Interesting concept. Thanks for posting this. We should have a sticky somewhere with a list of non gun friendly businesses to boycott. PFOA should (when its official) send them a letter stating the reason for the boycott.

It most likely won't make any difference to big corps. but smaller shops may change their ways.

On the other hand, I don't think I ever noticed any business with a No Guns sign. But that's mostly my fault as I don't look for them or really care. I did not trust my vehicle mfg. to tell me when to wear my seat belt or put on my lights (buzzer & DRL disabled) nor will I let any store determine when me and my family are protected. To me concealed means concealed. But I have always been a SOB

(Erie County)

Sweet site.....

I as well have a FL permit so my prints are on file.

The only other place I have noticed is one of the Cellular One stores we have. Other than that I haven't seen a no carry sign anywhere here in Erie. Our mall doesn't have a no firearms sign. Although are Mall Ninjas are literally in their 80s so we don't even have wanna be's here so I'm never concerned about carrying in the mall.

(Berks County)

Hello all,,, new to the board, hope you all don't mind me dropping a thought here?

I have never seen any signs here in PA about No Guns,,, My thoughts, I have a Concealed Carry Permit,,, What they don't know, don't hurt and if they should somehow find out,,, Well I think all they can do is ask you to leave!
    I think if you carry concealed make sure it stays that way, and I believe you should have no problems.

Just my thoughts

(Montgomery County)

Regal Movie Theaters. Only it is a very, very small sign above the box office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast