Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default New Slimline Glock 21

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Apparently Glock is coming out with a slimmer G21 with an ambi mag release and a picatinny rail.

TopGlock is taking pre-orders. I found it on their site while looking for a G20.

Could this be the gun they were going to submit to the military to replace the Beretta M9 before the program got cancelled?

(Bedford County)

Default Re: New Slimline Glock 21

Yeah, most of us have heard about it.

It will take G21 mags, and it comes with a ambi mag release. I hear all 2007 Glocks will have a ambi release but will still take the old style magazines as well. I guess this will be the "4th generation" frame.

The new SF is smaller by removing material from the front and rear of the grip frame while still allowing for the older style G21 mags.

I guess this is the weapon Glock was going to submit to the military...but rumor has it the military version was to have a thumb safety of some type. Not so on the civilian version.

I also see that the Springer XD45 now comes in "Dark Earth" which was the color for the new milspec .45

Last I heard, the Marines are still interested in a .45 acp while the Army is now leaning toward a .40 S&W caliber.

Having 9x19, .40 and .45 in service should be real great for supply compaines to deal with...as well as saving tax payers

(Bucks County)

It's amazing the things you miss when you're in hunting camp for a week and out of touch with the rest of the world.

Do you really think the army would go for a .40? I'm with you. I think it would be a logistical nightmare.

(Bucks County)

I would hope (expecially for us taxpayers) that they all settle at least on one caliber. A Springfield XD-45 type gun, with the proper modifications, would be an interesting option, it has the firepower and capacity to be effective. I just hope they don't need to stock 3 calibers, and settle on one.