Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default this is gonna be interesting

how do u feel about bush? most people i know dont like him, but i know most of the members here are republicans. dont get this locked!!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: this is gonna be interesting

He's a Republican, that should not however be confused with a conservative these days.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Erie County)

To me he has caused damage to this country that may never be repaired.

I remember, vaguely, the Clinton days. He destroyed what little defense this country had at the time. Ignored the several countries that were developing nuclear weapons and even assisted our enemy China in helping make their missiles what they are today. He was a puppet of the UN. A military leader that made Bush look like a genius. He also took away our guns.

Unfortunately now, no matter what your opinions on what actually happened on Sept. 11, we have fewer freedoms thanks to Bush. We may have our AKs back but now we have the Patriot Act, cameras popping up everywhere, wiretaps, etc. Those may only be used against terrorists now, but what about the future.

I see all too much of what happens in England happening here. 1984 is coming and it's in the name of "terrorism"

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    We may have our AKs back but now
    Bush said in his 2000 campaign that he would sign the renewal of the AWB if congress sent it to him. While I'm sure he said this for political reasons knowing full well that congress wouldn't send it to him, he still said it.

He didn't have the balls to say "The AWB is BS and I will not sign such a silly and questionably unconstitutional law." and I see that as a problem.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

The most irresponsible President of all time.

There's no excuse for the war waging as long as it had and little excuse for it to have ever started. There's no excuse for our budget deficits and in turn causing investment in the dollar to crash and burn. There's no excuse for ~$40,000 in debt per American due to National Debt (not their credit card debt). There's no excuse for the Patriot Act and the imprisonment of American citizens without due process, "Enemy Combatant" designation or not.

We need to pull our troops back home and never leave our shores again, IMO. Let the rest of the world go to shit for all I care because we need a good bit of work ourselves before we go and spread faux-freedom all over the world and label whatever pile of bullshit we leave "democracy".

"B-B-But Clinton...." diversions in 3...2...1...
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Bush said in his 2000 campaign that he would sign the renewal of the AWB if congress sent it to him. While I'm sure he said this for political reasons knowing full well that congress wouldn't send it to him, he still said it.

He didn't have the balls to say "The AWB is BS and I will not sign such a silly and questionably unconstitutional law." and I see that as a problem.
    that's why I went and bought an AR this month, before that new house/senate get to making new laws.

When I can afford it, maybe I'll get an AK in there too before it's too late.

(Philadelphia County)

G.W.Bush, the retard child who would grow up to be king, has most certainly f*%$ed the country up more than anybody anticipated.

If 2008 its a race between Hitlery and Jeb Bush, then you know the country is officially gone.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

I think he is basically a good guy trying the best he can. He has made many mistakes and there are many policies of his that I think are just wrong. In a different era his stubbornness may have been seen as a plus but in today's world he is just called a retard. Oh well....

I remember being in Paris while they were protesting Reagan as being worse than Hitler so I admire both RR and GW for not giving a damn what others think and continue to do as they think best. Reagan was proven right about most things by history and hope that the same will be the case for our current President.

I personally don't have a dman about his 30% approval rating. I consider the mess Germany was in 10 years after WWII. I consider Churchill giving the world the finger as he stood alone against Germany. I consider what CNN would have reported on June 6, 1944 or from Iwo Jima.

Way too early to tell - ask your grandchildren in 50 years if Bush's gamble was brave and insightful or just a fool's errand.

Maybe we should just pass a Constitutional Amendment forbidding any wars that are not approved by France and the UN and last over 6 months or cost over 25 lives. That should save us from future retards.

(Bucks County)

I personally don't have a dman about his 30% approval rating. I consider the mess Germany was in 10 years after WWII. I consider Churchill giving the world the finger as he stood alone against Germany. I consider what CNN would have reported on June 6, 1944 or from Iwo Jima.

Way too early to tell - ask your grandchildren in 50 years if Bush's gamble was brave and insightful or just a fool's errand.
    well put, sir. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was Germany/Japan. Look at them today though, Germany became the economic/industrial super-power of Europe, and Japan did the same in Asia.

(Erie County)

I don't really care about either war. I'm not there, maybe some day when I graduate college I will be there, but that is neither here nor there. Every president has stepped foot in one country or another, some good, some bad.

What I do care about are my rights. Thats where I have a problem with Bush. I don't like the idea that I can be label and "enemy combatant" It can happen to anyone. I remember reading about a Canadian that was in the US. They thought he might be a sleeper, Canada said they didn't think he was, but they sent him to Syria where he was tortured for over a year.

What if Liberals take power, ban guns then use illegal wiretaps to find which of us have guns. Then follow England and turn the US into a Big Brother State. It's happening in NYC and in a way Bush is helping them do it in the name of "terrorism"

http://www.nysun.com/article/45686

And the wiretaps continue. Gotta love when federal judges say that even though something is illegal the gov't can still do it.

Pandora's Box

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast