Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Night shooting in PA?

Anyone know of any places that allow night shooting for the testing of IR and NV?
    State game land is ruled out because they close at sundown.
    I'm guessing most people that do this kind of stuff do it on private ranges/land?
    Do any rod and gun clubs allow shooting at night? Just wondering... these questions have been on my mind.
    Thanks.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Night shooting in PA?

I've only shot in the dark two ways. One is in classes that have night shoot portions. The other is at my club's indoor pistol range - if I'm there by myself, I can turn off the lights. I'm guessing most clubs see shooting at night as a liability issue.

(Montgomery County)

Norristown?

(Washington County)

You're on the wrong side of the state!

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I've only shot in the dark two ways. One is in classes that have night shoot portions. The other is at my club's indoor pistol range - if I'm there by myself, I can turn off the lights. I'm guessing most clubs see shooting at night as a liability issue.
    Isn't Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans' Club open until 9:00pm, 365 days a year? Especially after Standard Time kicks in, that'll give you a bit of darkness to shoot in.....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    Isn't Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans' Club open until 9:00pm, 365 days a year? Especially after Standard Time kicks in, that'll give you a bit of darkness to shoot in.....
    I think scruff has it right. Our club is always "open" to members, but shooting hours end at sunset, which change throughout the year.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I think scruff has it right. Our club is always "open" to members, but shooting hours end at sunset, which change throughout the year.
    I'm on my iPhone so posting is a little problematic, but the members guide for the PMSC on the website said that the hours were until 9 PM, period. The date on it was 2010, so I'm not sure if that's been changed.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    I'm on my iPhone so posting is a little problematic, but the members guide for the PMSC on the website said that the hours were until 9 PM, period. The date on it was 2010, so I'm not sure if that's been changed.
    I believe the latest handbook says no shooting after dark, although I can't find a copy of the handbook on the web site. Not that it would matter much to the OP because he's across the state, but I assume most clubs have the same type of rules.

(Allegheny County)

I believe the latest handbook says no shooting after dark, although I can't find a copy of the handbook on the web site. Not that it would matter much to the OP because he's across the state, but I assume most clubs have the same type of rules.
    There is also the annual Zombie shoot. I'm not sure if IR of NV is allowed or if its meant strictly for white light.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...on-report.html

I've seen some of the trainers in the area use PMSC for night classes.

Generally speaking I don't see many clubs/ranges just allowing anyone to shoot at night. It would have to be an event with qualified RO's/instructors.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Monroe County)

I knew a guy that swore he shot in welding goggles to simulate night fire. I call BS and also that I wouldn't stand anywhere near him for fear of getting shot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast