Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default My new Sniper pack - Eberlestock G3 - with mini review and pics

no idea why I bought it... I don't hunt, it was expensive, no practical use in my line of work... but i love it! I have been infatuated with Eberlestock bags for quite some time now. A client/friend of mine is an ex SF guy turned private Contractor overseas and swears by this exact bag... good enough for him? good enough for me!!

It is the Eberlestock G3 Phantom... it's BIG (44L/2700ci), has a rifle scabbard, PALS/MOLLE webbing EVERYWHERE, two pouches for 3L hydration bladders, although a pistol grip shotgun fits nicely in one of the hydration pockets... if you are so inclined. With the top of the scabbard on, it can fully "conceal" a 60" long gun. I have used it as a range pack for the past few weeks and it has been great, I plan to make it my camping bag when the weather gets nice, and my "Go bag" for the times in between.

One of the coolest parts about the pack is that it's fully modular. The scabbard comes off and can be used as a drag bag, the shoulder straps come off as well and can be attached to just the scabbard (when off the pack) or just the pack without the scabbard, or like I have it pictured below totally put together.

last trip to the range she held three handguns, an AR, a .22 rifle, 100rds 223, 250rds 9mm, 300rds 45, 40rds 308 and 1000+/- res of 22lr, along with random range "stuff" (staple gun, duct tape, etc) and was REALLY comfortable to carry.. I do need to figure out a solution for the scabbard, the AR pictured, unless the stock is fully extended, disappears into the back, making it pointless, as you are supposed to be able to draw it while wearing the pack:

for size comparison, I am a little over 6' and 175

and my lady (5'2") she is convinced I could carry her around in it!

with some of the other gear (TRP, AK, 308)

and a stock picture showing the scabbard/drag bag off the pack itself.

as the weather gets better and I can really use it I can update this if anyone is interested.. she's coming with me to Utah Thursday, so we shall see how she "travels"
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My new Sniper pack - Eberlestock G3 - with mini review and pics

Very cool setup

(Chester County)

I've been thinking about one of those for a while now. Where did you pick it up and cost?
    Will the folding stock AK fit in the hydration bladder all of the way, or does it stick out? What about the AR fully collapsed?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Very cool setup
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I've been thinking about one of those for a while now. Where did you pick it up and cost?
    Will the folding stock AK fit in the hydration bladder all of the way, or does it stick out? What about the AR fully collapsed?
    I got it used on ebay for $275. I have a deal with LBT where I get 40% off but really wanted this one! I will have to try the AK in the side, i seriously doubt it though. the AR 100% wouldn't fit. something like a 10/22 takedown probably would though.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html