Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Connecticut Officer Reportedly Placed on Leave Over This Facebook Comment to Gun Owne

Default Re: Connecticut Officer Reportedly Placed on Leave Over This Facebook Comment to Gun

A Connecticut officer with the Branford Police Department has reportedly been placed on extended leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation after he allegedly told a Facebook user he couldn’t wait to “bang down your door and come for your gun.”

Connecticut resident John Cinque, whose passionate remarks to lawmakers on the state’s new gun registration laws went viral, provided screenshots of a Facebook conversation involving Officer Joseph Peterson to the conservative blog Freedom Outpost. The officer is reportedly a “long-time friend” of Cinque’s.

The heated debate reportedly began over Connecticut’s new gun control law that technically turned gun owners who refuse to register their semi-automatic rifles and/or high-capacity magazines into felons overnight.

After some unfriendly conversation, Peterson — who was off-duty — eventually wrote: “I give my left nut to bang down your door and come for your gun …… you idiot grow up.” Giving the officer the benefit of the doubt, it’s technically possible he could have been attempting humor.

The Facebook user he was debating with certainly wasn’t friendly either. Take a look at some of the conversation (Warning! Strong language):

Police Capt. Geoffrey Morgan, of the Branford Police Department, reportedly informed Freedom Outpost that Peterson has been placed on extended leave over the incident. Further, Police Chief Kevin Halloran reportedly confirmed the allegation to the Brandford Seven.

“We treat every complaint to our agency concerning our officers with the utmost of seriousness. This, like any other allegation will be thoroughly investigated and if any law, departmental rule or regulation has been violated the officer will be held accountable,” he reportedly said.

When we contacted the Branford Police Department to confirm the reports, we were transferred to Capt. Geoffrey Morgan’s line and got the voicemail. This story will be updated if Morgan responds to our request for additional information.

We will also attempt to contact Officer Peterson to get his side of the story, however, he will likely be unable to comment due to the ongoing investigation.

See more the conversation below:

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: Connecticut Officer Reportedly Placed on Leave Over This Facebook Comment to Gun

We need to just get this shit done and over with, I really don't feel like rotating my mags again!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Allegheny County)

Hope the MSM picks up the story for the TV - otherwise John and Jane Public will never hear about this...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Chester County)

Extended PAID leave until this blows over, then a reassignment, and promotion. Watch. No personal loss of income, benefits, nor pension. No skin in the game, and the taxpayers continue to pay for bad behavior of government employees.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Extended PAID leave until this blows over, then a reassignment, and promotion. Watch. No personal loss of income, benefits, nor pension. No skin in the game, and the taxpayers continue to pay for bad behavior of government employees.
    I agree with this.

So many gov agencies have employees that break rules or show bad behavior and they give them a tax payer funded vacation.

If they knew this behavior would result in unpaid leave until the investigation was complete they may be a little more careful in the future.

To most the one thing they cannot afford in life today is a period without an income rolling in.

Put them on leave and stop the paycheck.

If the investigation turns out you were innocent, you are back to work and back on the payroll.

Just some thoughts.

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Lackawanna County)

Flip the scenario, and the citizen would be in jail for terroristic threats. Among other charges.

This guy is no different than the CT State police LT.

If this was about a 1st amendment repression, everyone in the world would be clamoring for their heads.

BTW-if I read the summary of the law correctly; guess what! The police are exempt along with others. Special classes to divide the masses.

(Berks County)

They should both locked up for using facebook IMHO.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    They should both locked up for using facebook IMHO.
    I agree. However my age is showing in the digital age. Privacy over everything. Dumbasses.

(Chester County)

I'm so frigging sick and tired of the arogance of these cops who think they're above the law, and think only they should have guns. I realize not all cops are like this, and there are some pro 2 A ones, But If they start confiscation and bad shit happens to them, they deserve what they get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast