Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Chiappa to increase production in Dayton, Ohio

According to a Dayton Daily News article (sorry, must have subscription to see the article) Chiappa in Dayton, Ohio is doubling their workforce to 30 employees to keep up with demand for their products.

The following CNN Money article talks about it...but according to the DDN article, the additional 16 employees will be in the Dayton, Ohio plant.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/20/smal...obs/index.html

Chiappa, an Italian gunmaker known for its exotic firearms, is going to start making them in America.

The gun maker already employs 14 people in Ohio and Kentucky who import and sell Chiappa's guns. Now the 56-year old company is building a factory in Dayton, Ohio, and plans to bring it online by the summer.

Business has been good for Chiappa, which was founded in 1958 and is based in Italy. The company's biggest distributor in the U.S. doubled its orders for 2014. The manufacturer has more than quadrupled its Dayton space to 33,000 square feet, according to sales and marketing director Jim Eubank. This year it plans to double its U.S. workforce to about 30 people.
    I already know 4 of their current workforce, because I worked with them in the past in different tool and die shops I worked at in the past. I'm getting ready to move back to the Dayton area, and am hoping to help my daughter's boyfriend in getting his foot in the door with them.

It's nice to see more manufacturing jobs come to that area...it was the center of tool and die work in the US for many years...from about the 1940's to the 1990's. It started to drop highly in the mid 1990's, causing me to leave the area for work in 2008, eventually leading me to Western, PA. If all goes well, I'll start my machine shop back up in the future...I still have all the machines when I had the shop from 1990 to 2005. Everything has been in storage in a garage on a farm I own there.

Let's hope that manufacturing keeps increasing...in all fields.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Chiappa to increase production in Dayton, Ohio

I wish they were making ammo!!!!

It is good. The more gun makers the better.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Chiappa to increase production in Dayton, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I wish they were making ammo!!!!

It is good. The more gun makers the better.
    ATK is sending me emails and calling me nearly weekly, trying to get me to come work at their munitions plant in Idaho. They are hiring for everything from middle management down to shipping department. They can't keep up with the demand on ammunition.

I read an article recently that it was because of all the new and first time gun owners and the demand they have created. One article predicted a major issue in the middle of this year if powder production doesn't increase.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington