Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I love a happy ending
    ok...then there's a truck stop out on...

I mean...ummm.....

how about this weather.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: We came here to get away from guns.....

Since when is having a holstered firearm considered brandishing???

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    Since when is having a holstered firearm considered brandishing???
    they cam from the 5 boros...OWNING a gun is brandishing in the 5 boros.

My brother is NYPD, I'll send him over to discuss this with you when he gets here.
    "official oppression"

Punishable under PA law

I love it when morons mention "Brandishing"

I had a friend tell me open carry can be charged as brandishing....I set him right.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    "official oppression"

Punishable under PA law

I love it when morons mention "Brandishing"

I had a friend tell me open carry can be charged as brandishing....I set him right.
    Kinda like when people mention "official oppression"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Since it was a nice day today, I took the bike out for about an hour. When I got home, my driveway was blocked by the parents of my of my next door neighbor. I parked my bike on the street until the car was moved.

When the driveway was clear, I went out to move my bike. Since I was going across the street, I didn't put my riding jacket and helmet on leaving my pistol exposed. I rode my bike across the street and parked it in my garage. As I was walking out of my garage my neighbor from across the street (lives in NYC Monday through Thursday) meets me in the driveway:

NYC Neighbor - What the hell is wrong with you?

Me - Excuse me?

NYC Neighbor - We bought this house and come here on the weekends to get away from guns and violence.... Only to see YOU walking around with a gun... If I see it again, I'm calling the police.
    The Constitution Mother Fucker
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbagoochi View Post
    The area I live in has been invaded by people from the COMMUNIST state of Maryland and the District of Columbia and its surrounding hymeroids and it is getting to the point they can sway local elections. I hope the trend of getting uneducated and gun right unfriendly people in the state of PA does not continue or you might end up with the same battle as the Eastern Panhandle of WV
    Turn them into pro gun people. That's our job. Take them to the range, open carry, wear gun related shirts, etc.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lehigh County)

Since ungawa decided to bump the thread... I have an update.

The couple turned out to be some really great people. We used to hang out often. The husband and I ride our motorcycles from time to time and the wife has been out fishing with me a few times. Mainly we hangout and drink beer or cookout. We've been hanging out less frequently since they're expecting a daughter any day now... (Due date is Jan 9th) the wife says her hubby drinks too much when he hangs out with me and needs to be sober to drive her at a moments notice.

I'm gonna miss them when they move.... They told me over the summer they weren't going to renew their lease. They were house hunting when they found out they are having a kid. I haven't talked to them very much so I have no idea how they made out.

I did take the husband out to the range last year when I was confirming the zero on my deer rifle. He didn't like the recoil of the .308 (he only fired one round) and lost interest in shooting. (personally, I think he just wanted to get out of the house)

The wife never brought her guns up from Va but they did ask me about hand guns and LTCF over the summer.... Not sure if they ever bought one. I'll have to make it a point to ask when I see them.

All in all, they are great neighbors. Like I said, I'll miss them when they move.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    "official oppression"

Punishable under PA law

CHAPTER 53
    ABUSE OF OFFICE

Sec.
    5301. Official oppression.
    5302. Speculating or wagering on official action or
    information.
    5303. Liability for reimbursement of costs for outside
    counsel.

Enactment. Chapter 53 was added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482,
    No.334, effective in six months.
    Cross References. Chapter 53 is referred to in section
    5508.3 of Title 53 (Municipalities Generally); section 6017 of
    Title 64 (Public Authorities and Quasi-Public Corporations).

§ 5301. Official oppression.
    A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity
    or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits
    a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct
    is illegal, he:
    (1) subjects another to arrest, detention, search,
    seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or
    other infringement of personal or property rights; or
    (2) denies or impedes another in the exercise or
    enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.
    http://law.onecle.com/pennsylvania/c...3.001.000.html

This sounds like a Case Law episode. In other words, what have previous Court decisions made in terms of "denies" or "impedes"?

One of Mike Bloomberg's Misguided Children was purporting to act as a police officer. Whether he officially could be charged with doing anything concrete is another story.
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 1st, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Since ungawa decided to bump the thread... I have an update.

The couple turned out to be some really great people. We used to hang out often. The husband and I ride our motorcycles from time to time and the wife has been out fishing with me a few times. Mainly we hangout and drink beer or cookout. We've been hanging out less frequently since they're expecting a daughter any day now... (Due date is Jan 9th) the wife says her hubby drinks too much when he hangs out with me and needs to be sober to drive her at a moments notice.

I'm gonna miss them when they move.... They told me over the summer they weren't going to renew their lease. They were house hunting when they found out they are having a kid. I haven't talked to them very much so I have no idea how they made out.

I did take the husband out to the range last year when I was confirming the zero on my deer rifle. He didn't like the recoil of the .308 (he only fired one round) and lost interest in shooting. (personally, I think he just wanted to get out of the house)

The wife never brought her guns up from Va but they did ask me about hand guns and LTCF over the summer.... Not sure if they ever bought one. I'll have to make it a point to ask when I see them.

All in all, they are great neighbors. Like I said, I'll miss them when they move.
    Didn't read the middle, but it sounds typical. They own guns and that's ok. You on the other hand, that's bad. Untill they know you, then your in their club. The brother nypd sounds like an ass. Lots of nerve knocking on your door trying to intimidate you. It must have been some real good humble pie they ate in order to turn this one around, or your a saint.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast