Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: First AR?

(Lehigh County)

Default First AR?

Hello all,

I have an opportunity to buy my first AR. It is a Stag Arms, Model 1. Any thoughts on this brand/model?

I have heard good things about Stag Arms and just wanted som input from people who have shot them and own them.

Mind you, if I had the cash I would propbably get a Colt or LMT or anyone of the "higher quality" brands, but the cash flow is tight and at a price of around $1000, I can afford this.

With the way things are, I would like to buy something that is both quality and reliable before anything changes in our current political climate.

Any input is appreciated as I will be going tomorrow and fondling it a little before I make up my mind.

Thanks in advance

AG

Default Re: First AR?

The Stag is fine. Don't worry about the name. They all go bang and the company will stand behind their product.

(Allegheny County)

Stag is good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Chester County)

If you can swing 1500 or so I would take a hard look at the new Daniel Defense Rifle. It is GTG out of the box and you will end up saving cash at the end of the day. They are receiving excellent reports from guys running them in classes.

Take a look.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...se-m4-carbine/

For your first AR the Stag is a solid, quality choice.

I have a model 2 and have put hundreds of rounds through it since purchasing it without cleaning it at all or making any adjustments. W/ my Eotech 512 it is a formidable weapon. It has been reliable and tons of fun to shoot. As I make upgrades to it, etc. it will get even better.

That rifle will do everything you need it to and more.......being your first AR you won't know the difference between it and a Colt anyway. Save the hundreds of dollars more you'll spend on a high end model and put it into ammo, accessories and training. You'll be satisfied with the Stag and later you can upgrade to a high end model. You will catch the black rifle bug and that's why I say you will be able to upgrade later. You can always sell the Stag to fund the higher end rifle. Or like most of us, add it to your collection.

Stag has a lifetime warranty and they are a respected company. You aren't making a poor decision.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(Northumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: First AR?

I just picked up my first AR today, a Stag Mod 2 at National Sporting Goods in
    Jersey Shore for $819. Thanks to everyone that pointed me towards the store and I highly recommend it for anyone in Central PA.

Good guys to deal with, let me wander around and check out a few rifles before I finally made my mind up between the Stag and a Yugo m70. A+

Quote Originally Posted by sav309 View Post
    I just picked up my first AR today, a Stag Mod 2 at National Sporting Goods in
    Jersey Shore for $819. Thanks to everyone that pointed me towards the store and I highly recommend it for anyone in Central PA.

Good guys to deal with, let me wander around and check out a few rifles before I finally made my mind up between the Stag and a Yugo m70. A+
    Congrats on your purchase and +10 for National Sporting Goods, I must have been in there right before you because I saw the Stag in the rack and the Yugo underfolder on the wall. Its an awesome place with great guys who don't give you bullshit.