Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default New York Times article on felons and guns

An interesting but of course biased article in the times about felons having their gun rights reinstated. Doesn't seem to smart that their lead in case is one where a guy shot someone trying to rape his girlfriend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/us...un-rights.html

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: New York Times article on felons and guns

You guys need to read some of these comments, here is one of the better ones:

Trillian
    New York City
    November 14th, 2011
    10:57 am
    The Second Amendment permits you to own a gun, it doesn't REQUIRE you to own a gun. Therefore the desire to own a handgun becomes a mental health issue, which immediately disqualifies you from owning a handgun. You can acknowledge your right to own a handgun without buying one, much the same way I can acknowledge my right to free speech without getting up on a soapbox every day just to prove I have it. As handguns are only designed to kill the desire to own one is clearly dysfunctional.

In other words, the desire to own a handgun disqualifies you from owning one.
    So just wanting to own a handgun means you are mentally unstable therefore you can not own one, lolx1000.

I like to use newsprint to clean windows. The results are generally good; streak free and no left behind lint. One time I used an issue of the New York Times and there was shit all over my windows afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    You guys need to read some of these comments, here is one of the better ones:Trillian
    New York City
    November 14th, 2011
    10:57 am
    The Second Amendment permits you to own a gun, it doesn't REQUIRE you to own a gun. Therefore the desire to own a handgun becomes a mental health issue, which immediately disqualifies you from owning a handgun. You can acknowledge your right to own a handgun without buying one, much the same way I can acknowledge my right to free speech without getting up on a soapbox every day just to prove I have it. As handguns are only designed to kill the desire to own one is clearly dysfunctional.

In other words, the desire to own a handgun disqualifies you from owning one.

So just wanting to own a handgun means you are mentally unstable therefore you can not own one, lolx1000.
    I thought bath salts were banned. screw the mexican border fence, we need one here in pa.
    FJB

Very good article. Heavily leaning toward keeping felons from ever owning firearms but a good article nonetheless.

I support felons and others who are convicted of crimes to have full restoration of rights after a period of time. A right is a right, not to be confused with a permission from the "State."

CL