Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default UPDATE - Post 13.....Hero Pregnant Mom Dies Shielding Children From Gunfire

I am currently raising a glass of Polish Potate Vodka in memory of this Heroine!!! THANK YOU.......

Please think of her (in a fitting manner to you) and her loved ones, her unborn baby and those who had to witness her ultimate sacrifice.

I bolded a couple interesting statements from the article. I do not want to take anything away from the sacrifice made by Zurana but please also focus on the BS at the bottom of the article.

Now I am not an expert but can't the same ammo be used in a long gun as well as a "semi auto pistol"? Some awful good shooting from a "roof top" with a pistol.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hero...entary-school/

NEW YORK (The Blaze/AP) — Someone with a gun opened fire on a street as students were let out of school Friday afternoon, killing one parent who had tried to shield children from harm and injuring an 11-year-old girl and another parent, police and school officials said.

The shooting happened at about 2:30 p.m., and police were investigating whether the shooter fired from a nearby rooftop where shell casings were discovered.
    A 34-year-old woman, Zurana Horton, who had hovered over students to protect them as shots were fired, was struck in the face and chest and was pronounced dead at the scene. She was five months pregnant, according to reports.

“Moments before, she was seen hovering over several children to protect them,” NYPD spokesman Paul Browne told the New York Daily News.
    A 31-year-old woman was hit in an arm and the chest and was hospitalized.
    The 11-year-old girl, a sixth-grader at the Brooklyn school, injured one of her arms and had a graze wound on her cheek. None of the victims were related, police said.

The victims were on a street corner at the back of the elementary school when the gunshots rang out, Department of Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg said.
    It’s unclear how many shots were fired. Seven shell casings from a 9mm semi-automatic pistol were found on the nearby rooftop. Five other shell casings were found on the sidewalk in the front of that building, police said.

Three men were seen fleeing the scene, and police were questioning at least one person. The shooter was being sought, and police offered a $12,000 reward for information in the case, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said.

The school’s neighborhood, Brownsville, is located in southeastern Brooklyn and is among the most crime-plagued in the city. It’s also where tens of thousands of people, mostly black and Hispanic men, are stopped, questioned and frisked annually by police. Critics say the men are being unfairly targeted, and only about 10 percent of stops city-wide result in arrest.

Police say the tactic is a necessary crime-fighting tool that helps get illegal guns off the streets.
    “Police conduct stops of individuals evincing suspicious behavior in areas where shootings occur in order to prevent, or at least lower, the frequency of tragedies like the one in Brownsville today,” Browne said.
    Last edited by TheF00L; October 25th, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hero Pregnant Mom Dies Shielding Children From Gunfire at NY Elementary School

How is this possible, aren't handguns illegal in NYC and on School Property?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Hero Pregnant Mom Dies Shielding Children From Gunfire at NY Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    How is this possible, aren't handguns illegal in NYC and on School Property?
    The standard sarcastic answer is getting extremely old....

A mother and her unborn child are dead. Not even her being armed could have prevented this. They were ambushed from a rooftop by a coward.

I hope they catch this... inhuman being and slowly put it to death.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lackawanna County)

I don't have the words for the disgust I'm feeling.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

A mother and her unborn child are dead. Not even her being armed could have prevented this. They were ambushed from a rooftop by a coward.

I recognize and understand this, even if I do not express it on the internet forums. It's a sad, sad day, but this is a Gun Ownership forum. You cant expect the discussion to not mention gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

The point is that a disarmed population presents an inviting opportunity to criminals. It's not just the threat of the victim shooting back, it would also be possible that the gunman would encounter armed bystanders, who might shoot him from another rooftop or window or even the ground as he leaned over the edge, or shoot him as he flees down the stairs. Armed citizens are more likely to look out their doors and windows when they hear shots, knowing that they are more capable of dealing with criminals because they are armed and free Americans, rather than disarmed pawns of Progressive societal manipulation.

This shooter only had to fear the police, and there aren't that many police. Rather than having to elude 7 million citizens, he only had to look out for a few uniformed cops in plainly-marked cars. If they weren't around, then he knew that nobody would shoot back, nobody would interfere, he was the only one with a gun on the scene.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; October 25th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The point is that a disarmed population presents an inviting opportunity to criminals. It's not just the threat of the victim shooting back, it would also be possible that the gunman would encounter armed bystanders, who might shoot him from another rooftop or window or even the ground as he leaned over the edge, or shoot him as he flees down the stairs. Armed citizens are be more likely to look out their doors and windows when they hear shots, knowing that they are more capable of dealing with criminals because they are armed, free Americans rather than disarmed pawns of Progressive societal manipulation.

This shooter only had to fear the police, and there aren't that many police. Rather than having to elude 7 million citizens, he only had to look out for a few uniformed cops in plainly-marked cars. If they weren't around, then he knew that nobody would shoot back, nobody would interfere, he was the only one with a gun on the scene.
    Quoted for truth. Thanks again Gunlawyer for putting my thoughts into more eloquent statements.

Just think, in a free society, another apartment dweller might see what was happening, and take the shooter out with a .30-06.

On several sites I have been predicting such an attack, but I envisioned it as an attack on some of the "Hope and Change" maggots or their families. One site recently banished my posts. The idea is to galvanize the Amerikan Volk (sic) against skinheads or tatooies who are easy to target, because of their appearance and guns. But a clean-shaven teener with longer hair and nice shoes could also be the straw-man. You and I can be the straw-man. All terror is terror. SCOTUS: "Terror means what WE say it means." Then this act, coupled with the various "occupy" marchers, will cause a Clowart / Pivin public avalanche against ALL guns and gun-owners. I've said it for 4 years. I still hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by LongOneShortOne; October 22nd, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The point is that a disarmed population presents an inviting opportunity to criminals. It's not just the threat of the victim shooting back, it would also be possible that the gunman would encounter armed bystanders, who might shoot him from another rooftop or window or even the ground as he leaned over the edge, or shoot him as he flees down the stairs. Armed citizens are be more likely to look out their doors and windows when they hear shots, knowing that they are more capable of dealing with criminals because they are armed, free Americans rather than disarmed pawns of Progressive societal manipulation.

I agree with all you said. I just get annoyed with the "standard" seemingly callous replies.

I look at my own children and I'm grateful for everyday I have with them. Granted some days are more umm... trying but still...

When I read a story about a life snuffed out before it even really began, it just breaks my heart.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast