Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OC at the range.

A couple questions. No LTCF BTW.
    When driving to the range the gun cannot be accessable to me, Like in the far back of the van. Correct? Do I need the gun case to be locked? Can the ammo be in the back also and does it need to be in a locked case?

Now the big one. When I get to the range(outside philly) Can I go to the back of the van, load my mags and OC into the range? And of course reapeat when I am done by unloading at the van.

I tried looking this up in the search box but did'nt find anything. (kept getting "server error" message)If anyone has a link to a thread where this was already discussed please post it.
    Thank You.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Berks County)

Default Re: OC at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbySomers View Post
    When driving to the range the gun cannot be accessable to me, Like in the far back of the van. Correct? Do I need the gun case to be locked? Can the ammo be in the back also and does it need to be in a locked case?

Now the big one. When I get to the range(outside philly) Can I go to the back of the van, load my mags and OC into the range? And of course reapeat when I am done by unloading at the van.

I tried looking this up in the search box but did'nt find anything. (kept getting "server error" message)If anyone has a link to a thread where this was already discussed please post it.
    Thank You.
    I think you have it correct. The gun and ammo have to be in separate containers in the vehicle. You can OC outside of your vehicle with no LTCF without any issues.

(Luzerne County)

Firearm and ammo must be in separate compartments. This includes separate "pockets" of a range bag. No need to lock.

OC in/out of the range is fine. (LTCF needed in Phila if on public land)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Thank You.
    There is no requirement that the gun be inaccessable to you or anyone else in the vehicle.

Lacking a LTC, the only requirement is that the firearm be unloaded and the ammo carried in a seperate container.

Nothing has to be locked.

Yes, you can open carry at the range.

Thanks for the info guys. One more question. Can the mags be loaded while in the vehichle but in a seperate compartment from the gun? Or would that be pushing it a bit?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Jefferson County)

Hell, you can even concealed carry while at the range.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the info guys. One more question. Can the mags be loaded while in the vehichle but in a seperate compartment from the gun? Or would that be pushing it a bit?
    Mags can be loaded. Not "pushing" anything since the definition of loaded is very clear.

18pacs6102
    "Loaded."
    A firearm is loaded if the firing chamber, the
    nondetachable magazine or, in the case of a revolver, any of the
    chambers of the cylinder contain ammunition capable of being
    fired. In the case of a firearm which utilizes a detachable
    magazine, the term shall mean a magazine suitable for use in
    said firearm which magazine contains such ammunition and has
    been inserted in the firearm or is in the same container or,
    where the container has multiple compartments, the same
    compartment thereof as the firearm.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Thank You.

Man I love this site!

Pennywise The Clown

(Berks County)

Just a quick question, why don't you have an LTCF? Would be a lot easier to just OC in the car to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Just a quick question, why don't you have an LTCF? Would be a lot easier to just OC in the car to begin with
    Bought my first gun Tuesday. I will be picking up my application for LTCF in the next week hopefully. Being from Philly I am looking at 45 days at least for a denial letter and then however long it takes to appeal. I talked to a friend yesterday who told me that Philly PD denies almost everyone then hopes that the person does'nt appeal.
    It wasn't like that when he got his LTCF but things have changed and he knows of 3 people who have applied this year and all got denied at first. Two appealed and were granted a permit. The third did'nt appeal.

I need to call him back and ask about the appeal process. If I'm going to need a lawyer I'll wait to apply until I have the money for one.
    Last edited by Pennywise; August 21st, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Pennywise The Clown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast