Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Believe it or not - Dept of homeland security says AR-15 great rifle for self defense

Thought this was great considering all the other advice they've been giving lately. A few links below to the articles. Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://radioviceonline.com/departmen...sonal-defense/

http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&p=80175

Default Re: Believe it or not - Dept of homeland security says AR-15 great rifle for self def

I'm going to forward that article link to Rep. Metcalfe for ammunition(pun intended) is support of his HB357.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Believe it or not - Dept of homeland security says AR-15 great rifle for self def

Dept of homeland security says AR-15 great rifle for self defense
    Yes but.... you don't need that to kill a deer.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Monroe County)

I believe it, when you are involved in defending yourself your are in a fight for your life. It makes sense that the best defensive weapon to use is a modern fighting rifle that utilizes many known positives in it's design.

However, our government believes there is a Us and Them, and that an AR-15 is a great weapon for personal defense for "them" but you only need a "double barrel" and if there is a riot then stuff your pockets full of shells.

(Allegheny County)

HAHAHAHA!!!

This RFP is not for the traditional armed forces. This solicitation is specific to law enforcement who almost exclusively work within and along the borders of the United States. Certainly the threats ICE officers may be subject to are the same exact threats law-abiding residents could be subject to.
    Section C of solicitation number HSCEMS-12-R-00011 is pretty specific. Here is a direct link to the Section C PDF (246KB). My emphasis in bold. Notice the term assault weapon or assault rifle is not used anywhere in the document. The “assault weapon” terminology is only used for non-LEOs and non-military who own those firearms.
    The scope of this contract is to provide a total of up to 7,000 5.56x45mm North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) personal defense weapons (PDW) throughout the life of this contract to numerous Department of Homeland Security components. …
    In paragraph 3.1 under requirements and testing standards we read…
    DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.
    Isn’t that inconvenient for the gun control politicians? In requirement paragraph 3.9.10, they find a need for a 30-round magazine.
    The action shall be capable of accepting all standard NATO STANAG 20 and 30 round M16 magazines (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) and Magpul 30 round PMAG (NSN 1005-01-576-5159). The magazine well shall be designed to allow easy insertion of a magazine.
    In paragraph 3.21.2, they again specify the requirement for a 30-round magazine.
    The magazine shall have a capacity to hold thirty (30) 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.
    If you did not catch the interesting part in one of the quoted sentences above, let me point it out to you. The personal defense weapon should be select-fire capable.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The scope of this contract is to provide a total of up to 7,000 5.56x45mm North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) personal defense weapons (PDW) throughout the life of this contract to numerous Department of Homeland Security components. …
    This is great news. I'm going to trade my AR-15 Assault Weapon for one of these 5.56x45mm Personal Defense Weapons.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    HAHAHAHA!!!

Isn't it funny how when they want the rifle it's a selective fire rifle but for citizens it's an assault rifle. I also noticed they did not refer to the magazine's as "high capacity" but rather standard. It would be funny if it was not so sad.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    Isn't it funny how when they want the rifle it's a selective fire rifle but for citizens it's an assault rifle. I also noticed they did not refer to the magazine's as "high capacity" but rather standard. It would be funny if it was not so sad.
    Simply MORE hypocrisy and double standards from our wonderful gov.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    Simply MORE hypocrisy and double standards from our wonderful gov.

I do believe one of the wise founders of our country referred to "what is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry " as tyranny.