Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Is $450 otd a good price for a pd trade in G22c with NS?

Was looking for a larger caliber, higher cap, cooler weather carry gun as opposed to my 1911 and stumbled across a couple Tulsa ok stamped g22c's. With rebates I can get one with two mags for $450 otd.

What do we generally think about these? I looked online and found ex pd trade in g22s for $350 before ffl, shipping, no night sights, and not compensated.

Thoughts?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Is $450 otd a good price for a pd trade in G22c with NS?

Last week I paid $535 OTD for a new G26.
    The same dealer had a new G22 standard model in the case for $527+tax.

I can tell you that $450 is slightly less than dealer cost on a new G22C.

It's ultimately up to you to decide if that's a good deal.

Two years ago I wouldn't pay more than $400 for any used Glock, but $450 OTD seems pretty decent to me considering the shortage and the uber high prices private sellers are currently demanding.

(York County)

My friend paid $650+(closer to $700 I think OTD) for a 17c. New 3rd gen, about a month ago. Not sure if it has night sites. But as I told him. If that's what you want go get it.

For the record I think $450 is a very fair price. C's seem not to be everywhere.

(Berks County)

I'm stuck in a bit of a conflict, I know lat year a g22 could be picked up here for $300 + ffl. But taking into account the current market and being a g22c, stamped LE (cool factor), and that it has night sights makes it seem like a good deal.

Just checked the balances on some gift cards I had in a junk drawer. Free $26.80!

I'll head over after work and start the papers.

$700 for a g17 is insane, sounds like a del my brother in law would be proud of.

Thank you gentleman.

(Cumberland County)

I picked up a G22 with nibx slide police trade in -Jefferson County Sheriffs Dept a few months back for $425. I know it's higher than a year ago, but then again everything is. I liked the LE marking like you said, and always wanted one with nibx. Still kicking myself because he had G21's with nibx for same price and I passed at the time I think yours with night sites and compensated makes it a decent deal. If you like it, go for it Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Was looking for a larger caliber, higher cap, cooler weather carry gun as opposed to my 1911 and stumbled across a couple Tulsa ok stamped g22c's. With rebates I can get one with two mags for $450 otd.

What do we generally think about these? I looked online and found ex pd trade in g22s for $350 before ffl, shipping, no night sights, and not compensated.

Thoughts?
    With things the way they are, I think that's a fair price, as long as the pistol is in good shape. If you have to start replacing parts, or it has any pitting issues then personally I would pass.

Try to look them over as well as you can to choose the best one. Not all departments buy new pistols based on the round count, some do it based on service length. If the service window for a duty pistol is say, 5 years, it could have anywhere from 1000-12000 rounds through it, so try to get a good look at the one you buy, and enjoy it!

(Berks County)

Anything in particular to pay attention to with a used glock? I know sharpness of extractor, rifling, smilies on barrel, and overall wear. But anything unique to glock.

Ps: I would have been all over that 21.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I'm stuck in a bit of a conflict, I know lat year a g22 could be picked up here for $300 + ffl. But taking into account the current market and being a g22c, stamped LE (cool factor), and that it has night sights makes it seem like a good deal.

Just checked the balances on some gift cards I had in a junk drawer. Free $26.80!

I'll head over after work and start the papers.

$700 for a g17 is insane, sounds like a del my brother in law would be proud of.

Thank you gentleman.
    A few months ago I would say that the price was high. Today I could not even begin to say.

Yesterday I saw a brick of Winchester wildcat 22's for $50.00.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Atlantic Tactical in New Cumberland (Harrisburg) had at last count 8 PD trade ins. Glock 22, night sights, three 15 rd mags, loader, box and stuff.. $399.
    With the transfer and tax is was $450ish.

The one I bought also had an extended slide release. It was all but new.
    I have 200-300 through it so far and it's awesome.
    It had a very minor amount of holster wear but I will do more to it than that.
    My intent is to use it, it's not a show gun.

(Berks County)

Any idea where I can pick up .40 these days? Or is that going to be the hardest part of this process?

A quick check of gun broker revealed insane glock prices. I'll definetly be picking this up.

Glad to hear that $450 is a fair price, I also have $18 in points to use on my card so I'll be applying that to the purchase as well.
    Last edited by Zet70; March 14th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast