Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new XD-45 acp

(Cumberland County)

Default new XD-45 acp

Got a good deal from a friend and couldn't pass it up, like new with only 100 rounds through it. Overall I really like the gun. I've mostly shot revolvers in the past and this is a nice change. It is very easy to break down and clean, feels great and shoots smooth. I was expecting much more kick from a 45. One thing I noticed is the rear sight is shifted about a 1/16th to the left. So if you rely on the sights you will shoot to the left. How difficult and what tools would be needed to adjust that?

Anyway here it is...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: new XD-45 acp

I love my XD-45, the only thing that took some getting used to was the grip. The extended mag didn't feel right the first couple of times I shot it.

(Centre County)

Kudos on the XD. I love mine. If you like the way it shoots now, wait until it gets broke in. (500-800 rounds). I didn't exactly care for the trigger at first, but the more I shot it, the better it got.

My suggestion with the sights is to shoot from a rest and see where it is. The XD is suppose to be on at 25 yards. I know it has reference marks on the slide from the factory, but I don't know how accurate those marks are as far as the sight being lined up. I have read this on another thread either here or on the XD forum. If you do try to move the sights I recommend buying a tool to do so. They are a real SOB to move.

Good luck and happy shooting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Brandon

There are some pretty easy trigger mods if you want to do something in the way of a trigger job...Pistol Gear and Powder River Precision have some options that work well.

I've never seen someone actually use that flashlight mount.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for the comments and advice. I'll see how it shoots at 25 yards this afternoon, previous shots were from 10 yards. Seems to function well after only 200 rounds so far, I can't wait for it to get better! I don't keep the flashlight mounted but my theory was a bright light is better than a laser dot in the dark when you want to be sure what you're aiming at. It is purely for the use of home defense in which I hope it never needs to be used.

(Montgomery County)

Very nice! Those XD's are great pistols.

Proud member of:

(Berks County)

Congrats and welcome to the XD club! I have two XD 45s and I love them both. Unfortunately with the price of .45 ammo lately I had to invest in an XD 9 in order to have more chances to put rounds down range. Bummer...
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Great looking XD. Its on my list to buy soon.

Congrats on the XD, Soon as Uncle Sam sends my the "stimulus check" I'm going to stimulate by buying the XD-45 4" stainless 13rnd

(Allegheny County)

Smile XD45 / AR15 RIFLE INFO

Hi my name is Jaouad, I would like to know more about sapringfield XD45 pistol ( bullet - range) & AR15 rifle. I would be thankful if there is someone lives around sharon or hermitage to go for shooting

thanks
    Jaouad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast