Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sub forum idea

Default Sub forum idea

Please shoot down if necessary, just an Idea.

Alot of people are big into camping/wilderness/survival discussion...would this type of discussion be better fitted under the lounge or huting...or maybe need a place all it's own?

Im thinking that it would/could contain people's advice on making a shelter from available material, firestarting techniques, water purification technique, foraging for food, ways to keep bears/other animals away from camp, where to spot some eagles in state (this is in hunting now...maybe should stay there).

Where would this type of discussion go?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sub forum idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Please shoot down if necessary, just an Idea.

Alot of people are big into camping/wilderness/survival discussion...would this type of discussion be better fitted under the lounge or huting...or maybe need a place all it's own?

Im thinking that it would/could contain people's advice on making a shelter from available material, firestarting techniques, water purification technique, foraging for food, ways to keep bears/other animals away from camp, where to spot some eagles in state (this is in hunting now...maybe should stay there).

Where would this type of discussion go?

I'd name this subsection "Tinfoil 'n at"

Not a bad idea, and not the first time it's been brought up.

Personally, I'd rather go somewhere else to find that info. Somewhere that's dedicated to real "survival" info.

Most forum SHTF subsections I've seen are rampant with "All I need is my AK and 100,000 rounds of steel core!" posts.
    I guess everyone needs a fantasy.

I would enjoy reading/learning about some of the things you mentioned, but if I have to read 200 threads with topics such as, "what if we're nuked, and you could only take one pistol...", I'd gouge my eyes out with a spork.

That's just my opinion. This isn't my house though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, there are plenty of survival forums out there. I dont see a need to bring that around here. Matter of fact, one of our very own PAFOA members runs a fantastic survival forum called NearDeathExperiments. I suggest you check it out.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

no no no

I didn't mean SHTF...I meant like wilderness survival.

I've been to plenty of SHTF and Coming Collapse sites to know most of the stuff there could get you killed, there are sites though like ZS that have some decent info on them.

Was just throwing the idea out there, good criticisms though!