Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Brady Ban? Reunion Tour?

I was on gun broker creeping around and I was reading an item description and they are considering bringing back the brady ban?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=156800580

(York County)

Default Re: Brady Ban? Reunion Tour?

I'm sure there is a bill or bills languishing in committee to bring back the '94 ban, but in this case, I think the seller is using scare tactics to sell his goods.
    It's been a while since I bought Glock magazines (for a 17 or 19), but it seems his prices are rather high too.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I'm sure there is a bill or bills languishing in committee to bring back the '94 ban, but in this case, I think the seller is using scare tactics to sell his goods.
    It's been a while since I bought Glock magazines (for a 17 or 19), but it seems his prices are rather high too.
    What he said.

Nothing like a good ban scare to sell. It worked when Obama was elected, prices soared and people where gobbling up overpriced firearms like they weren't being made anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    ...I think the seller is using scare tactics to sell his goods....
    As do I. He has a pecuniary interest (an auction) in this claim, and despite Poleosi's saber-rattling to the contrary, right now gun control is election-time suicide.

For claims that are particularly compelling, I'll send a PM to the seller asking for more information. I have yet to learn of new legislation from this source. All the responses so far are tantamount to "Well, just look at what's happened, of course it's coming!!!"
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Montgomery County)

there seems to be some confusion:

Brady BILL: law requiring background checks

Assault Weapon Ban from 1994: no relation to Brady BILL.

once the PICS(and NICS) came into being, that took over for the Brady Bill
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

After what happened last time, namely the defeat of a large # of antis, I really doubt if any of these will see the light of day for a long time.

Just another Tool trying to frighten you into buying his over priced crap.
    Like the "Get it while you can" guys trying to sell their $500 Rommies or ammo.
    As soon as I see stuff like that I pass.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    there seems to be some confusion:

Brady BILL: law requiring background checks

Assault Weapon Ban from 1994: no relation to Brady BILL.

once the PICS(and NICS) came into being, that took over for the Brady Bill
    Yep, you are correct...
    Must of had a brain fart from all the snow plowing I had to do today.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Lackawanna County)

Well that clears that up....well ya see i had to ask, with school, work and other various things I don't have time to play with the poofa people.

I don't even have time to shoot. I think right now I have more money in ammo than I do guns hahaha.

rough estimate - 9mm=800, .45=900, .38=500 7.62/39=1000 or more, 12gauge = 40 5 round boxes lol

yeah i know its not alot it's just alot for me to have on hand

(Luzerne County)

Look at the link at the end of his description.
    THESE'S MAGS ARE BRAND NEW and ( the mags may come in a plastic bag or package depending on how i recv them from my distributor ),This is 1 mag for 1 bidd price of 27.99 , that means you get 1 mags for one price of 27.99 ,these's the newest ones with no l/e markings .this is a dutch auction that has up to 4 mags that can be purchased at once ,buy them now while there cheap, . these are mags for the glock 17,17sf,34 and will fit the g19,26,( retail is 45.00 per mag ),17 rounder's ,made by GLOCK,drop free metal lined,((( MONEY ORDERS ONLY ***** no personal checks *** )),s&h&i is 4.50 for 1 and will be shipped 1 st class insured or 2 to 4 mags 8.00 for all 4 and sent priority insured .NOTE THERE ARE CURRENT LEGISLATURE TO BRING BACK THE HIGH CAP MAGS TO NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC AKA THE BRADY BILL ** ,IF YOU WAIT TO LONG YOU WILL SEE THESES MAGS BECOME NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND OR REALLY EXPENSIVE THRU YOUR LOCAL RANGE FRIEND WHO HAS A COUPLE AT 150.00 like they did in 1995 EACH DON'T BELIEVE ME CHECK WITH THE LOCAL SENTATOR MOST OF THEM ARE IN FAVOR OF THE BRADY LAW . 8.3 % tax if shipped to a washington address. IF YOU LIVE IN A STATE OR CITY THAT THESE'S ARE ILLEGAL I WILL NOT SEND THEM TO YOU AT THAT ADDRESS ONLY TO WHERE THEY ARE LEGAL, SO DON'T BIDD.@@@@@@@@ { IF YOU ARE IN WASHINGTON I WILL HAVE TO FIGURE WHAT YOUR TAX IS AS WALLA2 CITY IS 8.3 BUT YOUR'S MAYBE MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON YOUR AREA SO DON'T GET UPSET ABOUT THE 8.3 PART AS THIS NEW RULING JUST STARTED ON JULY 1ST 08' AS I HAVE A LIST OF CITIES AND THERE TAX AMMT}@@@@@@@@@@I cannot ship any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rds to CA, MA, NJ, or NY http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257
    If the incessant shouting and the inability to spell don’t clue you in, the link to a June 2008 proposed bill that died in committee probably should.