Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Army's new SIG P230 jams and double ejects, according to Pentagon

The Army is having some problems with the new SIG's. broken triggers, ejecting live rounds. http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-...ets?source=dam

This is not surprising. The New Jersey State Police sued SIG for 2.5 million last year for P229's that were 1) different from the ones they fielded 2) they constantly jammed, even the replacement ones they sent.

I spoke to a NJ sheriff's deputy about his SIG P229: he told me the gun sometimes fails to eject, and then it tries to load the second round with the spent casing inside the chamber.

I know someone in the State Police (PSP), and I am told that there have been problems with their P227 extractors breaking.

SIG sauer has a management problem. They have changed the old German designs to the 'new' P series designs, which frankly, I would *not* bet my life on.

The Beretta M9, on average, would go 13,000 rounds before a malfunction. From what i am hearing about SIG's problems, I'm am confident that the current SIGs cannot come even close to this.

It's a shame that SIG is slowly wrecking their reputation.
    Last edited by American1776; January 30th, 2018 at 07:57 PM.