UPDATE: More info in Club News that came yesterday. Pins will be at 10 yards. It also says, "You will need to bring one extra magazine or speed loader to reload and as much ammunition you think you would need to knock down 15 bowling pins." If this means 15 pins all at once, you probably will get 8 rounds per magazine, and a lot of shooters will be shooting 8, and 8, and then reloading a magazine to finish off the remaining pin(s).

I am not the match director, I'm just posting this in hopes that someone shows up that I have a chance at beating.

Pins are usually set up at what looks like 12.5 yards. Pins must be knocked over, not necessarily off the table. Number of pins, and positioning vary match to match. You get 2 magazines, either 5 or 8 rounds depending on set-up, but you can bring along all the ammo you want. You may shoot rimfires, but you gotta make solid hits, or the pins just wobble or spin. There aren't any classes, shoot what ya brung. If you don't show up on time (9 a.m., I think), you can probably still enter, but you'll get paired up with a shooter that's already won a shoot-off or two.

All the pin matches at DCFS that I've been to have been head-to-head matches. Lose once, and you're out. Bring your "A game." Those pins look pretty small out there, these matches are pretty tough.

You never know exactly what to expect. Things may be done differently this year.

There should be a chance to plink the pins after the match.