Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default 3 shot, 2 dead when robbers attack a LTCF holder.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-philadelphia/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say two people are dead after a robbery that went wrong resulted in a triple shooting Thursday night in West Philadelphia.

This happened just before 10:30 p.m. on the 5400 block of Media Street.

Police say two men in their twenties got off the trolley at 56th and Lansdowne Avenue and headed toward Media and Conestoga when two other men approached and announced a robbery.

One of the victims then reportedly pulled out a gun and shot those two robbers.

“Unbeknownst to the robbers, the 27-year-old victim has a permit to carry…has his handgun with him,” Police Lieutenant John Walker says. “He’s able to draw his handgun, firing multiple times, striking both robbery suspects.”

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 3 shot, 2 dead when robbers attack a LTCF holder.

3 Shot? Was the victim shot?

I was there during the afternoon, coming home from center city.

"One of the robbers then returned fire and shot the friend of the armed robbery victim.

I hope it was not his buddy, our robbery victim is reported as "the robbery victim who shot the robbers was not injured"

Im glad they didn't say the armed guy was arrested or facing charges, investigation
    Last edited by bigandy1966; March 27th, 2015 at 08:17 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

I'm adding this to another post I did a couple of days ago. This happened within a 5 mile radius of at least 3 other legit self defense shootings in the last 8 months. Gives you good ammo when an anti says you never hear about people defending themselves.

4 If you map this using Mercy fiztgerald Hospital as a starting point, you have 4 legitimate self defense shootings reported in the last 8 months within 5 miles of each other. 4 times where a good guy with a gun stopped what legitimately could have been a tragedy. If the antis would open their eyes the proof is there. Citizens carrying do make a difference. Bad people will try to hurt you. It is the responsibility of good people to protect themselves. The proof is there, it does work.

The stories

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ia-barbershop/

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/28037904/67-year

http://www.delconewsnetwork.com/arti...9427520788.txt

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I'm adding this to another post I did a couple of days ago. This happened within a 5 mile radius of at least 3 other legit self defense shootings in the last 8 months. Gives you good ammo when an anti says you never hear about people defending themselves.

4 If you map this using Mercy fiztgerald Hospital as a starting point, you have 4 legitimate self defense shootings reported in the last 8 months within 5 miles of each other. 4 times where a good guy with a gun stopped what legitimately could have been a tragedy. If the antis would open their eyes the proof is there. Citizens carrying do make a difference. Bad people will try to hurt you. It is the responsibility of good people to protect themselves. The proof is there, it does work.

The stories

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ia-barbershop/

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/28037904/67-year

http://www.delconewsnetwork.com/arti...9427520788.txt
    <sigh>

Unable to rep...
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

1 robber dead
    1 robber in critical but stable condition
    1 victim dead
    Armed victim uninjured

On Fox 29 this morning it sounded like the armed victim pulled his weapon and fired first, then the robber pulled his gun and shot the 2nd victim. I hope the armed victim's actions didn't escalate the situation to the point where it cost his friend his life. I wonder if he took the situation to a level that was beyond his ability to control.

Now before anyone gets bent out of shape, I'm not saying that robbery victims should just roll over and let criminals have their way or that he was wrong for defending himself but I have to wonder if his friend's life was worth more than the cash in his pocket? Even if he did the right thing I'm sure he'll be questioning whether his actions were prudent for the rest of his life. I don't envy him.

Obviously I don't have all the details of what happened and I realize it's easy to Monday morning quarterback the whole thing but it made me think about what I might do in a similar situation. It made me think about my own limitations and how that might influence how I would choose to defend myself.

Sad. The ltcf holder is going to have a lot to live with.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    1 robber dead
    1 robber in critical but stable condition
    1 victim dead
    Armed victim uninjured

On Fox 29 this morning it sounded like the armed victim pulled his weapon and fired first, then the robber pulled his gun and shot the 2nd victim. I hope the armed victim's actions didn't escalate the situation to the point where it cost his friend his life. I wonder if he took the situation to a level that was beyond his ability to control.

Now before anyone gets bent out of shape, I'm not saying that robbery victims should just roll over and let criminals have their way or that he was wrong for defending himself but I have to wonder if his friend's life was worth more than the cash in his pocket? Even if he did the right thing I'm sure he'll be questioning whether his actions were prudent for the rest of his life. I don't envy him.

Obviously I don't have all the details of what happened and I realize it's easy to Monday morning quarterback the whole thing but it made me think about what I might do in a similar situation. It made me think about my own limitations and how that might influence how I would choose to defend myself.
    Except that is what you are saying. He, like every other citizen has a duty to his friend, his neighbors, and the general public to ensure good order and the rule of law.

"Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised." Niccolò Machiavelli
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

OK what I don't see anywhere here is which 2 of the 3 are dead? So does anyone know who survived the shooting? besides the first shooter of course.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast