Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default What would you do...

Lets say you were talking to your friend, Mr A, who mentions that a mutual friend, Mr B, left his 1911, loaded, in Mr A's car. You know that Mr A does not have a LTCF, not wanting to see Mr A get in to trouble in the event of a traffic stop, you offer to remove Mr. B's gun from the car (since you have a valid LTCF) So you go to remove the aforementioned gun and find the saftey off, with the hammer on half cock, one up the pipe and a full mag. You render the weapon safe and clear and put it in your car. Upon talking to another friend, Mr. C, you find out that Mr. B left the gun in Mr. A's car because he was a little tipsy. How do you proceed?
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

(Centre County)

Default Re: What would you do...

It's Mr. B's gun, return it to him when he is sober and explain the law to him pointing out that he could have gotten Mr. A into a lot of trouble by his actions. You might also explain the different ways a 1911 can be carried and show him the most safe/least safe way to carry. Remind him of his responsibilities of being a gun owner. If it falls on deaf ears, I would distance myself from him because he will get someone in trouble.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Butler County)

I agree with xringshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    It's Mr. B's gun, return it to him when he is sober and explain the law to him pointing out that he could have gotten Mr. A into a lot of trouble by his actions. You might also explain the different ways a 1911 can be carried and show him the most safe/least safe way to carry. Remind him of his responsibilities of being a gun owner. If it falls on deaf ears, I would distance myself from him because he will get someone in trouble.
    yup yup.

add in bold talk that he shouldnt be mixing alcohol and guns. he could have atleast made the pistol legal to have in Mr A's car by unloading it and placing the ammo in the glove box and the gun in the trunk.
    This Space For Rent

(York County)

I say that it is none of my business, so for me to intervene this MrA had better be an extremely close friend. Otherwise I'd probably just tell hi not get pulled over and pretend I did'nt hear it.

Dave W.
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    yup yup.

add in bold talk that he shouldnt be mixing alcohol and guns. he could have atleast made the pistol legal to have in Mr A's car by unloading it and placing the ammo in the glove box and the gun in the trunk.
    Every time someone says not to mix alcohol and guns I want to head down to the bar with every pistol I own on me and get piss drunk. I can't articulate how much it annoys me that people can't let others judge for THEMSELVES whether or not they should carry while drinking.

And as for the rest, that wouldn't make it legal.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    Every time someone says not to mix alcohol and guns I want to head down to the bar with every pistol I own on me and get piss drunk. I can't articulate how much it annoys me that people can't let others judge for THEMSELVES whether or not they should carry while drinking.
    Given your perceived attitude, I can't imagine that you've never made your opinions known to someone that you thought was doing something wrong/dangerous. I guess it's a one way street with you.

+1 to Xring. Do what you think is right for the situation. If no lessons are learned by Mr. B, then you did what you could and should distance yourself accordingly.
    http://tinyurl.com/y6jhwkw CLICK TO DONATE I'm riding again in 2010!

(Lehigh County)

Sounds like Mr. B, in being so careless about his gun handling, put the future gun rights of a friend in jeopardy, not to mention the possible danger of someone else untrained in weaponry getting into the car and finding it lying there.

I'd be sorely tempted to tear Mr. B a new one. A wise man loves a reproof... but if a well-deserved upbraiding compromised our friendship, then that's a cheap enough lesson learned, and good riddance. It only takes one mistake with a gun to ruin numerous lives (witness the recent 'accident' reports posted on the forum).

If I were in Mr. B's shoes, I would be extremely mortified and couldn't apologize enough.

Given your perceived attitude, I can't imagine that you've never made your opinions known to someone that you thought was doing something wrong/dangerous. I guess it's a one way street with you.
    The Ignore List has done wonders for my blood pressure. Of course, it doesn't always do the trick if somebody not on the list quotes the ignoree. But since I saw it...
    I can't articulate how much it annoys me that people can't let others judge for THEMSELVES whether or not they should carry while drinking.
    Well, you see what happened here (and at that Super Bowl Party mentioned in another thread) when somebody judged for themselves.
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; February 3rd, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I say that it is none of my business, so for me to intervene this MrA had better be an extremely close friend. Otherwise I'd probably just tell hi not get pulled over and pretend I did'nt hear it.

Dave W.
    I concur .......
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Montgomery County)

Game when someone says you should not mix cars and alcohol do you want to get piss drunk and head out on the highway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast