Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Smile What would YOU do?

imagine the scenario; visualize it in your mind(im hypnotizing you)......
    Your walking down a secluded street at night, its very dark, no lights on, virtually pitchblack! A teenage looking person approaches you and demands your wallet/purse (hey guys carry manpurses too), you say "Hell No", he pulls out a gun! aims it at your head, and demands your money again!
    ok thats the setup, heres the twist: you ofcourse have your gun at your side, however, your uncertain if the gun this person is aiming at you is fake, a toy, a beebee gun, or the real thing, your instincts are saying its a toy, but the pitchblack and adrenaline pumping and overwhelming uncertainty is distracting your judgement! My question is do you go to draw your gun and take the chance, or stand there and give up your money and take the chance??? and if you do draw your gun, would you instantly shoot or wait to see if he shits his pants cause he knows you outed his fake gun???
    Personally, i would go for my gun either way, as far as shooting, that discretion call would be difficult to make, however, i prolly would have to shoot..., or "possibly" be shot myself.. any takers on this?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What would YOU do?

I would have avoided the secluded, very dark street in the first place.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    I would have avoided the secluded, very dark street in the first place.
    its a "what if" scenario, lets say your car broke down in the middle of bumbleshyt nowheresville, you had no cell phone and it was friggin blizzard and you had to find civilization. how would handle the wouldbe crook, under the same circumstances?

BANG BANG BANG.
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrwildroot View Post
    BANG BANG BANG.
    short, but sweet!
    couldnt of said it better!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicus View Post
    its a "what if" scenario, lets say your car broke down in the middle of bumbleshyt nowheresville, you had no cell phone and it was friggin blizzard and you had to find civilization. how would handle the wouldbe crook, under the same circumstances?
    I have a cell phone.
    How does the crook see me in the pitch black blizzard? That is if I have to go down the dark street in the first place.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(York County)

reach for wallet, pull out gun, bang bang. I'm hoping that since it's so dark by the time he realizes I pulled a gun instead of a wallet he already has at least one bullet in him. If there is more light I might go for his gun as i'm giving him my wallet since one hand will be off the gun.

if this wasn't a "what if" situation i would avoid the dark street altogether or at least avoid the shady character

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    I have a cell phone.
    How does the crook see me in the pitch black blizzard? That is if I have to go down the dark street in the first place.
    I love what ifs.

I'd get naked and ask him to make sweet candy with me using nothing but melted chocolate and love.

(Beaver County)

WRONGE! His gun is at your head. You said that

You have a gun, but its in a holster.

You slowly reach for your wallet and watch... and you give them to him.

Then you call 911 and request LEO assistance.

Why?

IF that gun he had is real... and IF you reached for your gun... your a dead man. Is your stupid watcha nd wallet worth it? F-no bro! Give him what he wants, hope he runs away.

The mistake was when you allowed him to become a threat while you were in an area such as that. You should have came out of the car and been VERY aware of the potential for unexpected threats. You screwed up by not seeing and reacting to him as he came towards you.

When a situation exists where a man/woman has a gun to your person, you slowly and calmly COMPLY! You preserve life.... namely... YOUR LIFE!

Try to be John Wayne... and you discover real quick all your TV shows, movies, and wet-dreams over what a hero you are.... are all bullshit! You will be the dead guy that tried to fight the robber with the gun... and we will all be setting here asking why the heck you didn't just give him what he requested and allow him to be gone. Then you can get new credit cards, file a report, lose a few hours getting drivers license re-done... and have a great story to tell at the local pub Friday night.

I am no hero. I am a survivor. I would shoot to live, but I dont live to shoot.

Larrycallmeacowardifyouwish0071

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    WRONGE! His gun is at your head. You said that

You have a gun, but its in a holster.

You slowly reach for your wallet and watch... and you give them to him.

Then you call 911 and request LEO assistance.

Why?

IF that gun he had is real... and IF you reached for your gun... your a dead man. Is your stupid watcha nd wallet worth it? F-no bro! Give him what he wants, hope he runs away.

The mistake was when you allowed him to become a threat while you were in an area such as that. You should have came out of the car and been VERY aware of the potential for unexpected threats. You screwed up by not seeing and reacting to him as he came towards you.

When a situation exists where a man/woman has a gun to your person, you slowly and calmly COMPLY! You preserve life.... namely... YOUR LIFE!

Try to be John Wayne... and you discover real quick all your TV shows, movies, and wet-dreams over what a hero you are.... are all bullshit! You will be the dead guy that tried to fight the robber with the gun... and we will all be setting here asking why the heck you didn't just give him what he requested and allow him to be gone. Then you can get new credit cards, file a report, lose a few hours getting drivers license re-done... and have a great story to tell at the local pub Friday night.

I am no hero. I am a survivor. I would shoot to live, but I dont live to shoot.

Larrycallmeacowardifyouwish0071
    I like this answer the best.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast