Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Sheenan Allen to speak at Bucks Counry Event

I received this email from Pennsylvanians for Self Protection. Aside from the firearms training, Sheenan Allen will speak. She was the woman arrested for carrying into NJ.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bucks-c...ts-16784657362

Info in link.

Event Details

Whether you are a firearms veteran, a new firearms owner, or just thinking about purchasing a firearm, there is something for you in this seminar. Learn about concealed-carry versus open-carry, firearm transportation, the castle doctrine, procedure for acquiring a License to Carry a Firearm, and state reciprocity agreements. Responsible firearm ownership means knowing and understanding the law, ensuring the safety of your loved ones, and keeping your firearms out of the hands of criminals and the mentally unstable. These topics and more will be covered.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Sheenan Allen to speak at Bucks Counry Event

I got the same email. I'm perplexed as to how they got my email address. I never signed up with that group.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lycoming County)

That was my question as well. I'm guessing they're affiliated with one of the other groups I belong to.

Yeah, I never heard of them either but this is good junk mail.

Yeah, and they're having a firearms seminar at a community college that is a "firearms free campus". Couldn't they find a place that was a little more 2A friendly.

Well that's just stupid. Maybe it's a trap since the DA and Sheriff are speaking.

(Montgomery County)

It is all a mix of a very tight schedule once we got the go ahead, presentation partners (county officials), seating capacity, comfort, presentation support, availability, cost, audience, etc.

We are expecting approximately 300 attendees, so that removes a lot of venues up front. We are running a 1.5 month schedule from the initial OK (and we didn't have date commitments yet from Heckler and Donnelly then.) Cost is also a factor since the seminar is being offered free - so every dollar comes out of our treasury. And, yes, the expected audience is not so much the daily carrier, but people who are new or looking to expand their horizons.

While I don't like it either, and whether the BCCC exclusion of carry is "legal" or not - IANAL and I expect that we can find at least one to argue each side of the issue - I expect that they will enforce their policies.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss it because of the school's policies, still valuable info being presented and if free...that's great. Educate as many as possible.

So you're the one that signed us all up on the mailing list, JD?

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Yeah, and they're having a firearms seminar at a community college that is a "firearms free campus". Couldn't they find a place that was a little more 2A friendly.
    Yeah, I saw that also. How ironic is that?

JD,

I understand your reasoning for the choice of venue, but in that case I think you would have been better served if you had placed the footnote higher in the text and made it more prominent and defined, adding something like "Since BCCC is a firearms free campus, please remember to leave your firearms at home".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast