Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default US debt not selling as well as THEY want it ot sell

Well well, something is afoul at the treasury, they can't seem to get strong bidders for our debt ... does this smell foul (as I have mentioned before)?

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...49944020090729

(Berks County)

Default Re: US debt not selling as well as THEY want it ot sell

Other countries have to worry about themselves atm they can't be arsed to watch our arse as well. Part 2 of the financial crash is on its way.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Adams County)

Cool scam. I'll actually PAY someone $100 if they buy all my debt.

So long as they take credit cards, that is

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well well, something is afoul at the treasury, they can't seem to get strong bidders for our debt ... does this smell foul (as I have mentioned before)?

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...49944020090729
    Indeed it does...it is a reality check for the Democrats that thought they could just keep printing money and spending trillions. However, when the dollar does finally get replaced by the Euro as the preferred world currency and the dollar does exactly what some economists (and you) have been saying it will (specifically hyperinflation), the Democrats will be "shocked...we never saw this coming! China is just flexing its muscle", "left-over policies from the Bush era are causing our new financial troubles", and the only way to fix it will be to put another Democrat in office.

We are increasing our debt way too much at a time when we really can't afford to, and for some reason we are shocked that other countries are seriously wondering if we can pay it back in five years, ten years, or if like so many investors we are going to default. I wouldn't pay much for dollars anymore...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Bucks County)

The 'double dip' recession is real. Too much is comming due at the same time so the little upturn we see now [stock market & housing sales] cannot overcome the millstone of unemployment, dying auto manufacturing, and the commercial real estate collapse [I read DC's other post] and this time the ride to the bottom will be long and hard on everyone.

Corporations are ignoring economic theory by stuffing the pockets of those at the top. We are the ONLY economy where the CEO makes more than 10 to 20 times what their lowest paid employee earns. They are making hundreds times more.

When the SHTF there will be a lot of people wanting to invade the CEO's super mansions and take back what they have taken from us. Unfortunately when the DOW sinks to 100 alot of what was 'stolen' will have evaporated and we will be left holding the empty bag.

Remember when the DOW hit 1000? It wasn't all that long ago. The dow's rise to over 10,000 is all hot air; and it is cooling off!

Heh, seems CNN Money is really pounding the debt issue this week:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/30/news...ion=2009073009

Heh, seems CNN Money is really pounding the debt issue this week:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/30/news...ion=2009073009
    It kills me to read some of that article. It's all Bush's fault!. I thought it all started with Reagan's 'deficit spending'. Our country has been headed down the wrong path, economically since then. Prior to that we were paying down the debt of WWII.

Every year they run up higher and higher debt. Eventually we get to the point in the first article where nobody sees it as a good investment. And our money becomes worthless since there is no faith and good credit.

Problem is that our government will continue to try and spend it's way out of debt. Saving money and paying off debt seems foreign to them.

What little uptick in housing is investors hoping it's at the bottom an looking to make money. Around my house the same properties have been up for sale for over 6 months. Not one sold. New housing has started but nobody's buying them either. Looks like this blip in sales may only be temporary.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    It kills me to read some of that article. It's all Bush's fault!. I thought it all started with Reagan's 'deficit spending'. Our country has been headed down the wrong path, economically since then. Prior to that we were paying down the debt of WWII.
    I don't see them saying it's all Bush's fault at all, the say spending gradually increased under him (which it did) and then the 'bottom fell out' in 2009 ... that points to Obama (mostly)

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post

Every year they run up higher and higher debt. Eventually we get to the point in the first article where nobody sees it as a good investment. And our money becomes worthless since there is no faith and good credit.

Problem is that our government will continue to try and spend it's way out of debt. Saving money and paying off debt seems foreign to them.

What little uptick in housing is investors hoping it's at the bottom an looking to make money. Around my house the same properties have been up for sale for over 6 months. Not one sold. New housing has started but nobody's buying them either. Looks like this blip in sales may only be temporary.
    Actually, the US after WW2 became to worlds largest Credit lending nation. We basically loaned the world the money to rebuild. It's how the US Dollar became the primary currency, the most dependable and stable currency since all others were in shambles after the war ended. The current placement of the US is still traced directly to WW2.

The banks are doing exactly the wrong thing to stabilize housing. They'll foreclose your ass instead of working with you in order to keep you in the house making some kind of payments. They do this hoping they can sell the house for more money. Which works when the market is somewhat stable and growing. But there's a magic tipping point where you're just killing your own income and thousands of homes sit empty with no residents. The longer they sit empty they fall more into disrepair and actually start LOSING value. The Banking industry can't see 5 months ahead let alone 5 years.

Blame who you want, but I'll put alot of it on the simple fact that American Business have no idea how to run companies anymore. They don't care about 5 years or 10 down the line. They care about that fucking bonus and the fact that they get paid even if everything tanks. They're shortsighted idiots who couldn't run a fing lemonade stand let alone a multi-national corporation.

I read an article (I'll have to tract it down) where a small bank in the mid-west froze all foreclosures (well most) and reworked payment plans even down to 50% of the previous payment as long as the owners provided an honest reason and good proof that they were doing all they can. They tacked on a few years to the mortgage or reduced the interest rates depending on the specifics. Guess what, that bank is recording stable (but a bit lower) profits and stability in the local areas, where as other banks are going under and entire neighborhoods are becoming ghost towns.

It's a bank run by the people who founded it over 50 years ago. They care about their clients and communities, and will fight to save it for years to come. Some hired CEO doesn't give a shit about longevity.

I don't see them saying it's all Bush's fault at all, the say spending gradually increased under him (which it did) and then the 'bottom fell out' in 2009 ... that points to Obama (mostly)
    The bottom fell out WELL before Obama was elected. Everyone knew it was coming, everyone know it was happening except those who were "economic guru's"

BTW, Regan was the one who started Deficit spending in the modern sense. He lowered taxes, but never got around to the cuts. That's just historical fact.
    Last edited by Morel42; July 30th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Finely we're seeing the mainstream media start to poke at the Obama administration....Prodding them to move on this HUGE debt issue that Obama created...If this was anyone but Obama this would be headline news every day.... calling for a investigation in to this huge amount of money that is being spent by the Demarcates...

No one wants to buy the debt because Obama clearly doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing these lenders are already weary about the money they already lent the US ...He barrowing some much money that he’s drained huge amounts of money from the private sector subsequently the private sector can’t get loans..

How do you jump start the economy if the private sector can’t borrow money.... Obama is destroying the private sector making it depend on the Government for bail outs because there no money left for the private sector to barrow..

We can clearly see companies all around the country are collapsing because of this wild spending spree from this administration...
    Gt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast