Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Recap of an evening at the gunsmiths house

Just thought I'd share a bit about the past evening that I spent with Bill and Gerry (not sure if they'd want their last name posted so I guess I'll omit it).

A little background first: I wanted to have my trigger lightened on my S&W M&P40. I picked a place I thought was close, but when I first realized that my destination was NOT 20 minutes away from Dunmore, I was a little disappointed, but that was my fault for not actually mapping it out. So I started off a little ticked that I had to drive about an hour away.

By the time I got there, I went in, and was greeted by Bill. We had a little conversation and he asked if I wanted some coffee. Figured that was nice, and when I got home I would throw him some rep on PAFOA. By the end of the evening it was clear that some rep would not be enough to show my appreciation and gratitude.

I had a great time at these very welcoming and friendly people's home. When it became clear to Bill that it wouldn't be the safest or most effective idea to reduce the weight on the trigger, he told me up front and honestly that it was something he would not want to do. He apologized relentlessly, but in all sincerity, no apology was needed. The fact that he was honest enough to not take my money and hand me back an unsafe pistol was more than enough to justify my trip out there.

I met their friend, whose name is regrettably slipping me right now (although he was wearing an Ohio State sweatshirt, as I was still sore from Penn State losing against them ). I got to see and hold an original military issue 1911. And by original, I mean original. Issued in 1902, patented in 1897. I held a gun that was created over 100 years ago, and patented in the 19th century. I don't know what you all might think of that, but the most prominent description running through my head was "Frickin sweet!" I got to see a red dot scope in person for the first time, which again, "Frickin sweet!" The conversation about guns lasted a while, and as I was expecting the conversation to end, they generously offered to cook me a meal.

I tried long and hard on my trip back to think of the last time a group of strangers showed this much hospitality to me after knowing me for all of an hour. I couldn't find another instance in my mind. My hat is sincerely off to the both of you for showing me kindness that I wouldn't have expected at all. The meal was delicious and the gesture was very moving for me. After dinner I was offered coffee and pumpkin pie. Unfortunately, I pulled the e-brake and did a 180 on my diet, but it was worth it for the great food, dessert, and wonderful conversation. I know that the rep you are both about to receive and this thread can't truly express my gratitude, but I hope it comes close. Again, thank you both very much for a great evening of great conversation, great food, and tremendous hospitality.

Oh and the quote from the night: "You can't fix stupid." Thank you Bill and Gerry, I will be definitely using that one a lot
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

Default Re: Recap of an evening at the gunsmiths house

If more businesses [people] ran that way we'd be better off.

+Rep to them and there customer service.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Berks County)

So will you at least tell us where Bill and Gerry are located so others can send some financial rep their way?

Quote Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
    Oh and the quote from the night: "You can't fix stupid." Thank you Bill and Gerry, I will be definitely using that one a lot
    I have a shirt with that quote on it.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Lackawanna County)

Rather not post identifying information about someone else on the internet. You know, I don't know what their feelings are on the matter. I will say that they are both members here (divegerry and gunfixer199), if anyone wants to send them rep. Ahem. Do it now.

(Pike County)

Mike:
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope to do business with you in the future. Bill (gunfixer199) is a certified armorer and gunsmith with an FFL license. Located in Pike County. He can be reached via PM on this site or at 866-562-2520

(Pike County)

Now Gerry,
    Now dont go giving Bill a "big Head", I'm just glad the Hemlockshooters got him first. Now the whole world is gonna know about him. Appointments will be terrible to get, Thats it, YOUR GONNA RUIN IT FOR ALL OF US!
    hARRY

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by hgsw67 View Post
    Now Gerry,
    Now dont go giving Bill a "big Head", I'm just glad the Hemlockshooters got him first. Now the whole world is gonna know about him. Appointments will be terrible to get, Thats it, YOUR GONNA RUIN IT FOR ALL OF US!
    hARRY
    You know Hemlockshooters will always come first. Also invited Mike to join the group. Great guy.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DiveGerry View Post
    You know Hemlockshooters will always come first. Also invited Mike to join the group. Great guy.
    Thanks . As soon as I can I'll be joining the group. If everyone else is as awesome as you guys, it seems like something I'd love to be a part of. Should have mentioned that he was a licensed armorer too, but glad you cleared that up!