Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torarev

(Northampton County)

Default Torarev

Hi im ran I have a torarev 7.62.25 russina with a safty with a date 194- i dote know what year did thay start puting the safty in the gun ? Thanks for your help . yours truly Ran

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Torarev

Quote Originally Posted by ran View Post
    Hi im ran I have a torarev 7.62.25 russina with a safty with a date 194- i dote know what year did thay start puting the safty in the gun ? Thanks for your help . yours truly Ran
    Probably added later for import.
    "Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Pennsylvania Gazette, February 20, 1788
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Allegheny County)

yes, the safety isn't original on any tok's. it was added to allow import through our foolish system. BTW, they are also NOT safe and shouldn't be relied on at any time! [the safety not the pistol!]
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Montgomery County)

The Tokorev is only imported with the safety now days. I have one of the early ones without the safety. The one between your eyes is the "safety of choice" or expressed another way "finger off until you need to pull the trigger". Dave_n

(Bucks County)

As stated, the safety isn't very safe...and I wouldn't rely on the tokarev as a carry gun either. Aside from the fact that if you hit it with the hammer cocked, it will go off, it will also go off without the hammer cocked if you hit the hammer hard enough. I've also had a lot of light primer strikes with my Romanian TT33/TTC due to hard primers from surplus ammo.

-Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I've also had a lot of light primer strikes with my Romanian TT33/TTC due to hard primers from surplus ammo.

-Zach
    I was wondering about that. My CZ52 requires a second hit on about 1 out of 10 of the surplus Romanian that I have. I blew through a box of Sellier & Bellot yesterday without a misfire. It gets kind of annoying following hang fire procedure with the Romanian.

(Bucks County)

I have this problem with Romanian and Bulgarian surplus.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by ran View Post
    May I assume we're discussing a TT-33 or a clone (Romanian TTC, Yugo M57, TU-90, Type 54, etc?)

The safeties were added for import compliance. None of the original TT-33s were fitted with a safety beyond the half-cock hammer setting. Here are two photos of a wartime original TT-33. These photos will enlarge if you click on them.

--
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Allegheny County)

i was shooting my Yugo tokarev and had at least four rounds each out of the two boxes i fired didn't work. so if you buy surplus ammo keep that in mind.
    tokarevs are cool!

(Northampton County)

Is some one looking for a russian torarev talk to me ? Ran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast