Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Hello Mississippi!

Hopefully Magpul makes good on their threat. I personally don't think they will. But getting Colt and S&W will be a lot harder. What sucks, and I think a lot of us forget that, is if these companies relocate a certain percentage of their employees will be left with no job. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/us/mis...html?hpt=hp_t2

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hello Mississippi!

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    Hopefully Magpul makes good on their threat. I personally don't think they will. But getting Colt and S&W will be a lot harder. What sucks, and I think a lot of us forget that, is if these companies relocate a certain percentage of their employees will be left with no job. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/us/mis...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Yes a certain percentage of the employees will lose their jobs but they put themselves in that position by voting for the people they voted for. Elections have consequences.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    Yes a certain percentage of the employees will lose their jobs but they put themselves in that position by voting for the people they voted for. Elections have consequences.
    I don't think that's really fair, I'd bet a good amount of the workers at these companies worki for the manufacturers didn't vote for the lawmakers that will lead back to them losing their jobs.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
    I don't think that's really fair, I'd bet a good amount of the workers at these companies worki for the manufacturers didn't vote for the lawmakers that will lead back to them losing their jobs.
    ^^^^^^ This.

(Lancaster County)

^^^^^^ This.
    Maybe then, the people should also move to a state where they are better represented. The taxes in NY are ridunckulous anyway. I bet they could negotiate a relocation package with the company if they try hard enough. It would be worth it for the company to not have to hire and train all new employees.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Maybe then, the people should also move to a state where they are better represented. The taxes in NY are ridunckulous anyway. I bet they could negotiate a relocation package with the company if they try hard enough. It would be worth it for the company to not have to hire and train all new employees.

But the new state will give them tax incentives to hire local people.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Pike County)

Example: If Remington were to move out of NY it would destroy that town. Generations of the same family have worked there. Ilion would become just another dead town in upstate NY. Just because there's a major pissing contest politically doesn't mean that there wouldn't be a devastating human factor to them pulling up stakes and moving.

(Lawrence County)

A pissing contest? Do you actually know what's going on. We are in a fight for the future of this country. Obama has an agenda and he is not playing, he wants our guns. After that there will be no rights . I would look a little further into the problems if I were you before they steam roll right over us.
    Last edited by tarzan; February 23rd, 2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: left out a word

(Delaware County)

Example: If Remington were to move out of NY it would destroy that town. Generations of the same family have worked there. Ilion would become just another dead town in upstate NY. Just because there's a major pissing contest politically doesn't mean that there wouldn't be a devastating human factor to them pulling up stakes and moving.
    And that is exactly why they need to move. While it is horrible for something like this has to happen to innocent people who had nothing to do with the what the politicians are doing, isnt that same exact thing that is happening to all of us law abiding citizens who are losing our 2A rights to defend ourselves. I guarantee you those politicians wont be re-elected and will think twice. We are really at a tipping point and drastic times call for drastic measures.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    And that is exactly why they need to move. While it is horrible for something like this has to happen to innocent people who had nothing to do with the what the politicians are doing, isnt that same exact thing that is happening to all of us law abiding citizens who are losing our 2A rights to defend ourselves. I guarantee you those politicians wont be re-elected and will think twice. We are really at a tipping point and drastic times call for drastic measures.
    I understand.

I just don't like to see folks potentially lose their jobs just to prove a political point. It's frigging brutal out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast