Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Just got my LTCF. Where can I carry in Pittsburgh?

I wanting to get my LTCF ever since I turned 21. On December 18th, I filled out my application for it online and e-mailed it to them. On the 23rd, I woke up and saw a yellow piece of paper in the mail and I knew exactly what it was. I got approved for my license to carry. I was surprised I got approved so quickly. I have a spotless record but I read forums of people saying it took them weeks to get it. My friend got his the day he applied but he is in Westmoreland County. I'm in Allegheny County so I thought it would take a little longer cause it's the city but it was really quick. I have to go down to the court house on Monday to pay my $25 and get my card.(Is that all I have to do?)

Anyway, I know most of the laws n nat but I need a little more clarification.

Where can I LEGALLY carry in Pittsburgh and where CAN'T I carry?

I hear so much different stuff I just what to hear it from somebody who lives there and knows what they are talking about.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Just got my LTCF. Where can I carry in Pittsburgh?

Congratulations on your license. There is a section on the forum that has the exact laws but I believe their are few limits. You cannot carry into a federal building, courhouse/jail, or school grounds.

Of course as always I would check for yourself just to be sure and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone here will correct my information.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryD1130 View Post
    I wanting to get my LTCF ever since I turned 21. On December 18th, I filled out my application for it online and e-mailed it to them. On the 23rd, I woke up and saw a yellow piece of paper in the mail and I knew exactly what it was. I got approved for my license to carry. I was surprised I got approved so quickly. I have a spotless record but I read forums of people saying it took them weeks to get it. My friend got his the day he applied but he is in Westmoreland County. I'm in Allegheny County so I thought it would take a little longer cause it's the city but it was really quick. I have to go down to the court house on Monday to pay my $25 and get my card.(Is that all I have to do?)

I hear so much different stuff I just what to hear it from somebody who lives there and knows what they are talking about.

Have you seen our "stickie"?

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Welcome to PAFOA!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

the places you can and can't carry in Pittsburgh are the same as the rest of PA. click here for more info: http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

there are very few places in PA you can't carry; you can CC in state parks now, and in a few months you can carry in national parks, too.

(Monroe County)

Hey Larry,
    The knowledge in this forum is tremendous. Congrats, Good Luck & Be Safe..
    Last edited by iceman9999; December 25th, 2009 at 07:39 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I read that "(READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania)" thing when I first got on here but it didn't really answer the main question I was after.

This might sound stupid but someone told me that you can't carry a firearm any place that sells alcohol regardless if your drinking or not. Is this true? For example, if I'm out with my dad and he wants to stop at a bar (like he usually does) can I carry my firearm in there with me or will I have to leave it in the car?

Also, if yinz do have to leave your gun in the car for any reason, how do you do it? Glovebox, trunk, under the seat?

(Allegheny County)

This might sound stupid but someone told me that you can't carry a firearm any place that sells alcohol regardless if your drinking or not. Is this true?
    no, it is not true.

as mentioned above, firearms laws are uniform throughout the state. the sticky has the correct information.

there is much misinformation floating around out there among the general public and even among police/sheriffs. don't listen to it.

Also, if yinz do have to leave your gun in the car for any reason, how do you do it? Glovebox, trunk, under the seat?
    i avoid doing that. and, in PA, there is rarely a need to...unless you are going into a post office or something else prohibited by federal law.
    F*S=k

(Monroe County)

I read that "(READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania)" thing when I first got on here but it didn't really answer the main question I was after.

This might sound stupid but someone told me that you can't carry a firearm any place that sells alcohol regardless if your drinking or not. Is this true? For example, if I'm out with my dad and he wants to stop at a bar (like he usually does) can I carry my firearm in there with me or will I have to leave it in the car?

No not true. I OC'd into a state liquor store yesterday with no problem. You have to remember to be more alert when carrying into a bar, and also be more responsible especially if consuming alcohol.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross11988 View Post
    No not true. I OC'd into a state liquor store yesterday with no problem. You have to remember to be more alert when carrying into a bar, and also be more responsible especially if consuming alcohol.
    First this is not good advice, If you're going to be drinking do yourself a favor leave your firearm at home. IMO the thing you don’t want presented at your trial, If your involved in a shoot, Is that you BAL was over the legal limit. They will make you look like another drunk with a gun not being able to make sound and clear decisions. This will cast doubts at your decision to use lethal force. Just don’t do it. Another thing don’t carry until you have become familiar with the laws and your comfortable to do so. This will save you lots of GRIEF.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    First this is not good advice, If you're going to be drinking do yourself a favor leave your firearm at home. IMO the thing you don’t want presented at your trial, If your involved in a shoot, Is that you BAL was over the legal limit. They will make you look like another drunk with a gun not being able to make sound and clear decisions. This will cast doubts at your decision to use lethal force. Just don’t do it. Another thing don’t carry until you have become familiar with the laws and your comfortable to do so. This will save you lots of GRIEF.
    Don't start this again, in this thread.
    a) It's not accurate (just opinion)
    b) there are numerous threads on drinking and carrying.

We don't need another 100 pages of alcohol and carrying debate in this thread.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast