Credit this information to my friend Ray Carney.

Herein, an extract from a website . . . I am not 100% of all being factual but it is alarming, nevertheless. I have indicated in RED some special interest items to New Yorkers, who are currently being prersecuted with the January 2013 "Safe" Act . . . What incredible hypocrisy!News From the SHOT Show.
First: the industry is up in arms big time. Congress will probably not be passing any gun control legislation, and even if they do it will not affect much of anything. Big push is to label all liberals as "insane," and to define Assault Weapons as guns capable of full auto fire, and remove AR's and other semi auto's for that moniker and redefine them as "Modern Defensive Rifles." Or the modern equivalent of the Kentucky Rifle, which everyone owned in the 1700's.

Second: nobody anywhere has any AR Parts or guns, and won't have for some time.

Third: The entire Freedom Group is up for sale! I got this from Brian Pearce who I talked to for 45 minutes in the Hornaday booth.

Cerberus says they want to divest themselves of all of the gun related companies they own after the CT shootings. They said they will sell all of the companies individually or in pieces at auction if necessary. The companies we are talking about are Remington, Marlin, DPMS, Bushmaster, Harrington & Richardson, Dakota Arms, Advanced Armament, Para-Ordinance, and Barnes Bullets. You say so what? Well, all of the Freedom Group companies are located under one roof at the Remington facility in Illion NY.
What is really troubling is the fact that these companies all share machinery! So if you decide to buy Marlin, you won't get everything you need to make guns, and even though Marlin has recently purchased their wood supplier it would probably be sold as an independent asset to the highest bidder. Point being you will get some machines, some drawings, and some inventory, and then a kick in the arse, and told that you have 72 hours to remove YOUR purchases to another location. If the whole show goes to auction, they will piece the assets out individually which will kill these companies! Hopefully some other large conglomerate will buy the whole show and make it go right. These sales will have enormous implications to the gun industry and no doubt put thousands of people out of work. Even if the companies survive they will be out of production for months or even years if they are moved.