Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK P2000

(Chester County)

Default HK P2000

We went to the range today (knighthawk and i), and I rented an HK P2000 .40. Later on the range officer gave me a Sig P220 .45 (i believe) to shoot, and i loved them both. I'm looking to eventually purchase my first gun (when finances allow), and I'm looking for any information, advice, or just general opinions on the HK. I really liked the Sig, but being that it only holds 8 rounds, and that it weighs so much i will most likely lean to one side, i would only end up getting that for fun at the range. Thanks again to everyone in advance!

(Chester County)

Default Re: HK P2000

Those are 2 very different guns. Hk's are well built guns that rarely fail, they're an excellent choice. Sigs are great, too.

What are your criteria? Those are different calibers, different weights, different sizes, different control setups, etc. Why these 2?

The P2000 is big for concealment purposes, but manageable. The interchangeable grip is a big plus, also the internal safety. It is easy to strip. The .40 is a nice caliber. You can get 10 and 12 rd. magazines. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Those are 2 very different guns. Hk's are well built guns that rarely fail, they're an excellent choice. Sigs are great, too.

What are your criteria? Those are different calibers, different weights, different sizes, different control setups, etc. Why these 2?
    I'm mainly looking for something in .40, I've tried both the .45 and 9 and they just dont seem to be the right fit. I've only shot a couple different types of guns, and of the selection they had there to rent, the HK was my most viableoption. (It wasthat, glock, or beretta). Don't like glocks, i know that much lol.

The Sig was a fluke, i shot extremely well with the HK, and the range officer offered it up free of charge to see if i liked it for the rest of our range time. The sig was just too large and heavy for me, if i ever carried. The HK seemed smooth, liked the trigger on it, and the weight and grip was just right.

My main issue is, I've only shot a few types of guns, i want to make sure this is right before i buy one and go "oh, i never tried the ...... and it ends up being better for me".

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by stinkymcdoober View Post
    I'm mainly looking for something in .40, I've tried both the .45 and 9 and they just dont seem to be the right fit. I've only shot a couple different types of guns, and of the selection they had there to rent, the HK was my most viableoption. (It wasthat, glock, or beretta). Don't like glocks, i know that much lol.

The Sig was a fluke, i shot extremely well with the HK, and the range officer offered it up free of charge to see if i liked it for the rest of our range time. The sig was just too large and heavy for me, if i ever carried. The HK seemed smooth, liked the trigger on it, and the weight and grip was just right.

My main issue is, I've only shot a few types of guns, i want to make sure this is right before i buy one and go "oh, i never tried the ...... and it ends up being better for me".
    What about 9mm and .45 wasn't right? What about the Glock didn't you like?
    Which trigger package did the P2K have?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    What about 9mm and .45 wasn't right? What about the Glock didn't you like?
    Which trigger package did the P2K have?
    The .45 in most cases is just too much gun for me. The only ones i have liked have been a 1911 and that Sig, but theywere just too heavy and large to be practical for me. On the other hand the 9 i have tried didn't seem to be enough of a gun for me. That's another debate i know, but i just felt like i was throwing peas downrange. The .40 seemed to be the perfect middle of the road for me.

I've tried two glocks and hated them both after a few rounds lol. They are well built without a doubt but were so light that i kept having problems firing it because my wrists couldn't take the recoil. Grantedagain they were both .45

Unfortunately i dont know anything about the HK i shot. Honestly, i dont even know what trigger package is. I know it was single action. Sorry, still learning as fast as i can

Was that SA only? Trigger safety? Decocking lever?
    Last edited by emsjeep; September 17th, 2008 at 12:33 AM.

(Cambria County)

Check out the HK45 Compact. They're small enough to conceal comfortably and 8 rnds of .45 is the same as the 1911 with a modern mag, plus it's still large enough to shoot at the range comfortably and still enjoy.

CMS

There is also a P2000SK in .40cal.

I own both an HK P2000 in 40 S&W and a Sig P220. They are both excellent pistols. The P2000 is a better choice for concealed carry. The P220 is full sized. It would be better to compare the P2000 to a Sig P229, both of which are compact sized. I have a P229 in 40/357. It upholds the Sig tradition of excellence. For full sized pistols in 45 ACP, the P220 matches up with the HK45 or the HK USP 45 (if your hands are big enough).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast