Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Any Fly Fishermen out there?

Weather is getting nicer,,, season is right around the corner... how many we got on here?

I think I may be the world best knot maker and worst fisherman... but damn is it fun!

Anyone got any good tips?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Any Fly Fishermen out there?

Only one comes to mind at the moment. Don't stand anywhere near me. In fact probably the safest place to stand is where I'm trying to cast to.

My wife signed me up for a local Orvis shop's fly fishing intro class a few years ago, but I still stink. I seem to recall catching more fish before I took up fly flinging, but I agree it is alot of fun.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Lawrence County)

I get my fish from the freezer section.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

I love flyfishing. IMO the most relaxing and satisfying fishing there is.
    I wish I had more time to partake.

Your area I recommend the scout res, and mud run. preferably during the week.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Weather is getting nicer,,, season is right around the corner... how many we got on here?

I think I may be the world best knot maker and worst fisherman... but damn is it fun!

Anyone got any good tips?
    Yes! Forget fishing for those boring, weak, little farm-raised trout! Get yourself a cheap 8-weight and some #4 deer hair bass bugs w/ weedguards. Then hit any of the smaller lakes here in the Poconos (you're close). I guarantee that you'll never have more fun than fishing top-water for pickerel.

Also, get some of the small poppers that they sell at K-mart and fish top-water for pan fish. Especially from about the 2nd week in May until the end of June when the water warms up. I usually fish two. One as the point and one off a dropper about 18" apart. Alternate colors, one light and one dark. Some days they like one, some they like the others.

Forget out of state trips, we have world-class fishing right here in our own back yard.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lebanon County)

OH hell yeah.
    i don't mess around around with trout. tho a few of my fondest memories are of standing in the quitty with the snow coming down, in almost total quiet.

these days it's all about the small mouth, panfish, rockbass and toothy stuff.
    you want bass on bugs in a small creek, look me up.
    tie my own flys, make my own leaders been thinking about making my own rod.
    been ffishing for close to 18years. laugh if you will, but i can't cast a spinning rod.
    getting a kayak here in the next few weeks, have a canoe but with all junk we've been taking with, it's getting cramped on the all day trips.
    come on summer!
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Blair County)

I Know that a #18 ultra patriot indicator fly with a #20 bead head pheasant tail nymph as a droppper is lethal on big browns. I also know that Orvis's new double taper line ROCKS.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    OH hell yeah.
    i don't mess around around with trout. tho a few of my fondest memories are of standing in the quitty with the snow coming down, in almost total quiet.

these days it's all about the small mouth, panfish, rockbass and toothy stuff.
    you want bass on bugs in a small creek, look me up.
    tie my own flys, make my own leaders been thinking about making my own rod.
    been ffishing for close to 18years. laugh if you will, but i can't cast a spinning rod.
    getting a kayak here in the next few weeks, have a canoe but with all junk we've been taking with, it's getting cramped on the all day trips.
    come on summer!
    Any suggestions on what to use for making effective tapers to use against trout? The store bought ones are expensive as hell... and lets just say I catch more green then water when I'm out
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

Dredly,
    Take a "click" on here.. http://www.paanglers.com/forum/index.php?action=forum
    They have a fly fishing forum that might help you out and it'll probably keep you busy for a little while.=)

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Any suggestions on what to use for making effective tapers to use against trout? The store bought ones are expensive as hell... and lets just say I catch more green then water when I'm out
    if you're in the trees, you need a shorter rod.
    the 4w i used on them is only a 7'er.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast