Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default OC Question For All Of You

I've been reading all of the non-stop OC threads on here as of late. A common core seems to run through all of them, everybody seems to be going out of their way to provoke a confrontation with sworn law enforcement officers.

I am fully aware that OC is completely legal in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and has been for quite some time. I am equally aware that CC is a priveledge , and is only granted upon successful completion of required background checks. FWIW, I do possess a valid LCF for protection/sports.

When I choose to carry a firearm, I do not feel the need to advertise it to everbody within visual distance of me, or, in other words, I conceal it on my person. If needed, I can present my firearm in short order, and I stress, only if needed.

I previously worked as a volunteer officer with two different state recognized law enforcement assistance organizations. We were in full uniform, carried sidearms and full duty belts, and often performed ride along duties with local law enforcement agencies. In the seven years that I performed these duties, my sidearm never left it's holster. I was properly trained by a knowledgable police firearms instructor that my sidearm did not leave the holster unless I was 100% commited to using it. That said, I did have several instances where I had a full combat grip on my sidearm, with the holster thumbsnap released...the need to draw and fire did not present itself.

Another thread on here shows a you tube video of a man non-stop harrassing a U.S. Border Patrol Officer, at an immigration traffic checkpoint, while that officer was performing their duties. Why is that presented here on this forum, does it serve any legitimate function here? Or again, is it more of the "let's provoke the sworn law enforcementt officers" mentality here on the site.

I only hope that while some of you are busy provoking the sworn law enforcement officers, and keeping them from otherwise performing their duties, that no lives are lost in other areas of their jurisdiction.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    United States Constitution - 2nd Amendment

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: OC Question For All Of You

You poor bastard.

(Franklin County)

If you think that asserting your rights, which are protected by statue and both state and federal Constitutions is "provoking", you'll probably be better liked over at Domelights than you will be here.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiski Cowboy View Post
    I only hope that while sworn law enforcement officers are busy harassing law-abiding citizens, instead of otherwise performing their duties, that no lives are lost in other areas of their jurisdiction.
    Fixed it for ya.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

This will not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiski Cowboy View Post
    I've been reading all of the non-stop OC threads on here as of late. A common core seems to run through all of them, everybody seems to be going out of their way to provoke a confrontation with sworn law enforcement officers.

snip.
    Unless you consider having dinner with your family and friends to be somehow "provoking" law enforcement, or walking down the street minding your own business and breaking no laws to be provoking law enforcement, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps you consider standing up for your rights when faced with illegal actions of the police to be "going out of your their way to provoke confrontation?"

Should folks not have dinner with their friends? Should folks not walk down the street? Should free Americans not insist their Constitional rights not be violated, and should they not insist the police not behave in a criminal manner?

Could you please post a couple instances of people who set out to provoke deliberate confrontation? I've missed them. Lots of instances of the police breaking the law and provoking confrontation, lots of instances of the government violating the First, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments among others. But I've clearly overlooked law abiding gun owners doing any thing other than obeying the law, and exercising their rights. Even though I don't choose to OC, I really don't think obeying the law should be called "going out of their way to provoke deliberate confrontation."

I'm really hoping you can provide such an instance. It would make me sad to think you've chosen to deliberately mis-characterize the activities of law abiding citizens creating no disturbance being accosted by government agents breaking the law.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Luzerne County)

Looks like you have more reading to do, Kiski. Your extrapolation is very skewed, IMO.

You imply that asserting your rights is = to "harassing" police.

I think worth pointing out, individually, the utube video reference you made. Your entitled to whatever opinion you please but if your going to say that exercising ones rights under the 5th-A in a traffic stop or otherwise is "non stop harassment" of the LEO then your probably not going to be taken very seriously.

LEO's are expected to protect our rights, not suppress them. You may not like it, but it's the truth.

PS: Kiski, your thread title implies you have a question. Your post is nothing but a rant. Try to be more honest in your titles please
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; July 7th, 2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: mispelled OP's handle

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    You poor bastard.

(Allegheny County)

I have never tired to "provoke" an encounter with LE... however they seem to go out of their way to create a problem in the few that I have had.

For example, a C.O. who took exception to my carrying actually hung around after he got his food and called 911 to report a 'man with a gun' and then stuck around to watch the entire encounter. All I wanted to do was get a burger.

If you feel that exercising your God Given rights is akin to harassing LE, then you sir, are woefully misguided.

Our Founding Fathers framed our government so that IT would submit to the PEOPLE. NOT the other way around!

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast