Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Question some advice in supressor internals

hello fellas,I already have the schematics drawings and a very built idea,Im gonna fill the form 1 to build my own supressor,I have the maglite body and aluminum bar ready to make it a 1 piece baffle internal,as long as my can is registered,can I play with internals?,just a dumb question but maybe the masters here can gave me some inputs,thanks a lot in advance.....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Pike County)

Exclamation Re: some advice in supressor internals

I was thinking in some sort of this idea,it would be mostly for a 22 rifle with subsonics,what do you think,a friend of mine told me it would work good for 223,but my idea is only for 22 sub,any inputs? thanks...
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

Default Re: some advice in supressor internals

no, you cant play with baffle design.

That is a very inefficent stack. I have argued with the maker about it to that point.

There are other better designs.
    No, not billet martini glasses... Baffles.... EVIL Baffles

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: some advice in supressor internals

what do you think? I was thinking work in a lathe,of course after I have my proper form 1 approved and in hand,Im not sure if I can made the baffles like yours,you know like your avatar,I want to make the design like that,good,only 1 the first and only,and be available to clean it myself like those k baffles,in the machine I know I can make easy the rat cheese design,or like this one ,can you give me some advice the best and easy design to make,I will appreciate it my friend,thanks...

from what i understand, a supressor works by SLOWLY letting the gasses expand...

SO, if you had a 7.5 inch can, with a 1.25 inch diameter, and a 1.0 inner diameter, you could cut a sleeve like above, but put 3 holes down the middle. the caps would close off the two outter holes. cut some .25 inch slots in the sleeve leaving .125 inch "fins." the slots would be cut to the middle hole where the projectile travels through.

this would be able to be made on a lathe and drill press... nothing more would be needed... BUT, im not sure JUST how well it would work...
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by glockguy68 View Post
    what do you think? I was thinking work in a lathe,of course after I have my proper form 1 approved and in hand,Im not sure if I can made the baffles like yours,you know like your avatar,I want to make the design like that,good,only 1 the first and only,and be available to clean it myself like those k baffles,in the machine I know I can make easy the rat cheese design,or like this one ,can you give me some advice the best and easy design to make,I will appreciate it my friend,thanks...
    I think the Mite is a loud silencer

If you have a lathe (and if you don't good luck) K baffles are easy to make.

If you want to go with a Mono Core look to Swede's design:
    Last edited by Mtdew; July 14th, 2008 at 06:04 PM.
    No, not billet martini glasses... Baffles.... EVIL Baffles