Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Can my girlfriend carry one of my guns?

Hey, my girlfriend just got her LTCF a week ago(some minor corruption on my part) and i was wondering if she could carry one of my pistols legally if she wanted to. Most of the time she would be around me while carrying. We both live at the same adress, if that matters. But I think i may have just lost my LCP if shes allowed to carry it. haha She wants to go gun browsing tonight though so we'll see. maybe we can find a decent 9mm, i got lots of ammo for that to take her shooting... thanks for the help!!
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Can my girlfriend carry one of my guns?

I believe she can since she has her LTCF. I'm sure someone can post the citation to the code where it verifies that.

(Lackawanna County)

She is now legal to carry your guns. However be aware some officers would like to run firearms through their illegal sales database and hassle people who are not the registered owners of the firearms. It is however a License to carry Firearms says nothing about how many or ownership there.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ja86son View Post
    Hey, my girlfriend just got her LTCF a week ago(some minor corruption on my part) and i was wondering if she could carry one of my pistols legally if she wanted to. Most of the time she would be around me while carrying. We both live at the same adress, if that matters. But I think i may have just lost my LCP if shes allowed to carry it. haha She wants to go gun browsing tonight though so we'll see. maybe we can find a decent 9mm, i got lots of ammo for that to take her shooting... thanks for the help!!
    i dunno man, you might have to post some pics of her wearing your guns so we can all decide as a group if your guns are good enough for her or not...

(Allegheny County)

Yes you can loan your firearm to your LTCF carrying GF.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(York County)

It's been my experience that any girl that wants to handle my guns has to be hot. Smokin hot. Pics would really help with this thread.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    It's been my experience that any girl that wants to handle my guns has to be hot. Smokin hot. Pics would really help with this thread.
    A Charlies' Angels bikini shot with the LCP would be great. Finger off the trigger of course.

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    I believe she can since she has her LTCF. I'm sure someone can post the citation to the code where it verifies that.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6115: Loans on, or lending or giving firearms prohibited

(a) Offense defined.--No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as provided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.

(b) Exception.--
    (1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:

(i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).

(ii) The person who receives the firearm is exempt from licensing.
    (iii) The person who receives the firearm is engaged in a hunter safety program certified by the Pennsylvania Game Commission or a firearm training program or competition sanctioned or approved by the National Rifle Association.
    (iv) The person who receives the firearm meets all of the following:

(A) Is under 18 years of age.
    (B) Pursuant to section 6110.1 (relating to possession of firearm by minor) is under the supervision, guidance and instruction of a responsible individual who:
    (I) is 21 years of age or older; and
    (II) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).
    (v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game).
    (vi) A bank or other chartered lending institution is able to adequately secure firearms in its possession.

(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of a firearm under 20 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21 (relating to intestate succession) or by bequest if the individual receiving the firearm is not precluded from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105.

(3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one's dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.

(4) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the relinquishment of firearms to a third party in accordance with 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108.3 (relating to relinquishment to third party for safekeeping).

(Cambria County)

So, its legal. Thanks you guys. As for the pics, i dunno once its on the internet its there, And theres always that smart ass out there that has somethin stupid to say so shes not all about that. But ya its freakin hot, thats all i got to say about that. But she likes carrying it clipped in the waistband of her jeans, would have been a nice pic though. And maybe an LCP is in order for her or the slightly less good looking(in my mind) Kel-tec.
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Wayne County)

This is from the Pennsylvania State Police Website www.psp.state.pa.us click on firearms division for more information. I think its perfectly legal for her to carry one of your guns. There is nothing here that says you can't. This is a direct quote from the firearms page.

<Who can apply for a Pennsylvania License to Carry?

An individual who is 21 years of age or older may apply for a license to carry firearms by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to the sheriff of the county in which they reside or if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city along with the required fee.

Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

The sheriff has 45 days to conduct an investigation to determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license. Included in the investigation is a background check conducted on the individual through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) to determine if the records indicate the individual is prohibited by law. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. §6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms. The issuance of a License to Carry Firearms allows individuals to carry a firearm concealed on or about their person, or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. The license is valid for a period of five (5) years unless sooner revoked.

NOTE: A license to carry firearms is NOT a license to purchase. Individuals who purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer are required to have a background check conducted regardless of whether they have a license to carry firearms or not.>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast