Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paddle holsters

(Delaware County)

Default Paddle holsters

Anyone own 1?
    Are they comfortable for long periods of use?
    Do they stay in their original position when bending over/stooping/etc?
    Are they good to conceal a firearm?
    If you own 1, or have owned 1..which company do you like?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to start carrying soon and being a lefty, I don't get much opportunity to 'try' out gun holsters because a lot of gun stores I've been to just don't carry many supplies for lefties....the gun holster that came with my XD is for a right-handed person, until I send it back and they send out a holster for a lefty like myself, but I'm not big on holsters that have to go through a belt.

Thanks in advance
    -Andrew

Default Re: Paddle holsters

I own some. One for a Beretta 92, one for a Ruger P94, one for my SP101. Hate 'em all. I got the one for my SP101 because I thought that perhaps it would work better than the ones for the bigger guns. $80 pretty much wasted.

They allow the gun to flop all over the place, don't hold it tight, the paddle sometimes pinches my skin. It is convenient and an easy on off, but I'm going to replace it this weekend if I can find another.

The Beretta 92s is an old Safariland, the P94s is an Uncle Mike's Kydex, and the one for the SP101 is a Galco. Two of the three are from first class brands. I'll never buy another.

Edit: Want to clarify, the guns aren't flopping around in the holster. The holsters flop around on my belt, and the grip of the gun pulls away from the body instead of being held tight to it.
    Last edited by JoeWilliams; May 16th, 2008 at 08:14 AM.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Delaware County)

I had a feeling it wouldn't be too secure...glad I didn't get 1 yet...what do you recommend? something that goes on the belt or an IWB?

(York County)

I own 2 of them. I carry my bersa 380 in a kydex paddle and my 1911 in a fobus, They have no overhand retention strap, but I think they are comfy and make for an extremely fast draw.

Dave
    3%

(Lebanon County)

I have a couple, I like the ability to remove them without removing your belt, Fobus are ok but lack the retention Blackhawk Serpa has, I've found them comfortable and secure, I carry an XD9sc or a Bersa 380, larger weapons might be problematic .

(Luzerne County)

I tried a few out for my handgun ( a friend of mine has DOZENS of different holsters),,,, and after do some looking around i ended up with a Galco Cop 3 Slot... I LOVE IT... holds the firearm close, rides high enough to be easily concealed if I want too... and Opticsplanet.com had a sale on them with FREE shipping... so made out both ways...,. but preference is yours... Just take the advice of others and spend the extra couple of bucks to get a quality holster... you wont be disappointed....
    Good luck and safe shooting..

(Adams County)

I have two.
    One for Glock 9x19 & Bresa .380. ( Fobus & Kydex )
    They work fine for me. Normally I wear a shoulder holester but paddle holesters are easy to slip on and off for runing to the store or work in the yard..

The only problem I have ever had is with the Fobus for the Glock.
    I extended the mag release, which in turn, touched the side of the holester.
    When removing the holester, the twisting of the holester, taking it off, push the mag release and the mag would drop out. A rotary tool, to that spot solved the problem.

~LATER~
    Bill---------------------->
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(Allegheny County)

I have a blackhawk serpa for my XD-45 it comes with paddle or the belt attachment. Holds it nice and secure, doesn't flap around, has the serpa rentention, so no over the top just a nice button in line with your draw. I use exclusively the paddle doesn't pinch or bother me in the least. Also has a little thing that goes over your belt and 2 others that go under, so it doesn't come off unless you want it to, I can be lifted by my holster.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Anyone own 1?
    Are they comfortable for long periods of use?
    Do they stay in their original position when bending over/stooping/etc?
    Are they good to conceal a firearm?
    If you own 1, or have owned 1..which company do you like?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to start carrying soon and being a lefty, I don't get much opportunity to 'try' out gun holsters because a lot of gun stores I've been to just don't carry many supplies for lefties....the gun holster that came with my XD is for a right-handed person, until I send it back and they send out a holster for a lefty like myself, but I'm not big on holsters that have to go through a belt.

Thanks in advance
    -Andrew
    Blackhawk stocks a nice leather IWB for lefty shooters. I have one for my XD .45 Service and I didn't have to wait 2 months for them to make it.
    It has a snap loop so you don't have to remove your belt to put it on or take it off. It's also fully adjustable for cant.
    Blade-Tech stocks a kydex IWB for southpaws that will fit any barrel length of a given caliber XD. They will make left hand holsters for anything but it takes at least "4-6 weeks". You have a choice of loops or J-hook with Blade-tech.
    EDIT: I have a paddle holster from Uncle Mikes that's ok.It fits well and it's comfortable but it will bounce around unless you use a real gunbelt.It's not as adjustable as I'd like, and concealment requires a long cover garment, but for $19.80 it's not bad.
    It can be a real pain in ass for us lefties to find holsters. I've found that it's best to skip the gunshops and go direct to the manufacturer. The internet is a wonderful thing.
    Last edited by unloved; May 16th, 2008 at 09:35 AM.

i love my galco paddle holster for my Beretta M9. i use a right handed model, and have it set at a nice comfy cant on my left hip for cross body draw.

i plan on getting another one to keep for strong side and a couple for the XD.
    This Space For Rent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast