Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Daewoo DP51

Default Daewoo DP51

My New Toy, Just bought a Daewoo DP51 9mm w/two mags 10 & 13, Thanks to Arcana71,Who gave me info where i could find one."Abington Gun Sport" Willow Grove,The guys at this shop where very helpfull and curtious.I paid $345.00.
    Went right to the range and put 100 rds through it.The ammo I used where Fedreal Hydro shocks,Eagle.Good grouping,very easy to handle on the recoil, feed with out a problem.easy to break down for cleaning."I'M LOVING IT"

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Daewoo DP51

Daewoo makes the handguns for the South Korean Military, they are quality handguns.

now, if you have the 9mm, if I remember right, you can modify S&W 5906 or 6906 magazines for it, i cant remember which...

Also, I assume this one has the "tri-action", you should be able to cock it, and push the hammer back down, when thw trigger is manipulated, the hammer pops back to full cock.

I had one years ago, and found it to be a damn fine handgun, liht, and accurate.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Smile Re: Daewoo DP51

The Smith & Wesson 59 mag's work,Except on the last round the Slide will not remain open.and "Tri-action" Works great, I Love It.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HARLEY View Post
    Works great, I Love It.
    I'm glad it went to a good home. You took the pressure off me. I was afraid I was going to have to buy it.

I used to have a Daewoo. Mine was the compact version. Shot great for about 600 rds then jammed at least once every mag. I tried a bunch of different ammo but still the same result. Other than the jamming I really liked the gun. I never took it to a gun smith, I just sold it. I hope you have better luck with yours.