Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Today I bought a shoulder holster for a Beretta 92 but.......

I dont have a Beretta 92. Ive been thinking about getting one but the used ones around me are going for 460 or more and I am waiting for a beater to turn up. I know the York gunshow is this weekend but I probably wont make it. In the meantime Im hoping a Sig 226, M&P 40, G19 or 96 Brigadier(wider slide) will fit good enough to try the holster. If anyone has a leather holster for Beretta 92 and any of the listed guns please try to fit them and let me know how it goes. For example my M&P 40 fits nearly perfectly in my Mitch Rosen Sig 226 holster. Thanks, Brian

(York County)

Default Re: Today I bought a shoulder holster for a Beretta 92 but.......

I've heard that the Taurus 24/7 models will work in a Beretta 92 holster, so maybe try the other way around. My 24/7 is the OSS with extended slide/barrel so I don't have any personal experience with this...

(Philadelphia County)

Try looking at Cabelas there in Hamberg,,,,, Get a Cabelas card and get $$$$ back on the first ourchase and then cancel card, Also if you get the card they will send you discount coupons in the mail, If you spend 100-200-300 ECT you get approx 20% off.
    This way when one shows up for 450 you'll walk away with it for 350 or so.
    They will get them in used frequently.
    I have gotten some really good deals there!
    CAUTION,,,, get there when the doors open on sat or sun, You will have about one hour before the store will be packed!
    Peter

(Luzerne County)

That.. and...: shoulder holsters suck

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

The only way that I would do this is if I walked into a really great deal on a holster from a top maker, one for a commonly available pistol that I had half a passing interest in. Otherwise, it's a waste of time to me to play guessing games. I like my holsters like I like my shoes, with a proper fit. They serve the purpose of their design better that way, especially if they're mounted on a belt that completely fills the belt channel on the holster.

Here's a for-instance: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT It's a premium holster for a classic pistol, a holster that has resale value if I decide not to pursue the pistol, or if I do find an example of the pistol and decide that it just isn't my thing.

(Bucks County)

I managed to pick up a beater (2nd) 92FS at a gun show for 300$. There is a Beretta forum that had cheap beaters on it for a while. Probably still does. They are fun reliable guns, but cost of ammo and the fact that it isn't a target pistol prevent me from shooting it more.

-Zach

(Lancaster County)

Well the holster arrived today and Guess what? Nothing I wanted to try in it fits. It does accomodate a 1911 rather nicely but I am not about to let an inch of my Kimber Eclipses slide hang out of the holster. I also have a Kahr P45 that fits but I can already carry that just about anywhere. I guess Im looking for a 92.