Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Ugh i did something stupid

Well not stupid, i'm just unprepared. I just got a Saiga 7.62/39. I didn't do much research on them before I went out an got it. So I gots some questions yo

1.The oil can that comes with it. Is their a special oil that needs to be put in it?

2. I looked at the manual and looks like a real pain in the ass to break down. Does it need to be stripped down pretty far for cleaning or is their an easier way?

3. Should I oil it up before I take it to the range? Stupid question I know but I just have zero experience with an "ak". Is their anywhere special it should be oiled? It doesn't seem to have much oil on it.

4. I saw 500 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62/39 on Cheaper Than Dirt. How is the BB ammo? For some reason something is screaming at me in my head to stay away because its junk and extremely dirty. I don't know if I read that or heard that so before I spent 110 I'd like to know.

5. How easy is it to convert it to accept AK mags and is it legal? I don't know much about converting foreign rifles so they are legal.

6. Saiga Mags - GUN STORES DO NOT FUCKING STOCK THEM AHHHHHH!!!! lol only the shotgun mags they have. Is their a good place to buy them and is their a brand or style I should avoid?

7. I want to put a different stock on it, mine has the classic butt-stock that I'm not crazy about and I need to keep it legal and costs in line.

8. This something for down the road but how rails?

I just want to know what you guys have had the best success with and find obscure things.

Danka....or should I say Spasibo lol
    Last edited by mickey01023; October 29th, 2009 at 04:47 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Ugh i did something stupid

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    Well not stupid, i'm just unprepared. I just got a Saiga 7.62/39. I didn't do much research on them before I went out an got it. So I gots some questions yo

1.The oil can that comes with it. Is their a special oil that needs to be put in it?

No....

2. I looked at the manual and looks like a real pain in the ass to break down. Does it need to be stripped down pretty far for cleaning or is their an easier way?

Same as any other AK, pop the dust cover off, pull out spring/piston, then clean!

3. Should I oil it up before I take it to the range? Stupid question I know but I just have zero experience with an "ak". Is their anywhere special it should be oiled? It doesn't seem to have much oil on it.

It's more than likely pre oiled. But couldnt hurt

4. I saw 500 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62/39 on Cheaper Than Dirt. How is the BB ammo? For some reason something is screaming at me in my head to stay away because its junk and extremely dirty. I don't know if I read that or heard that so before I spent 110 I'd like to know.

Really doesnt matter what you feed it, it will eat whatever. if using corrosive be sure to clean after.

5. How easy is it to convert it to accept AK mags and is it legal? I don't know much about converting foreign rifles so they are legal.

If you having trouble breaking it down to clean, I would suggest having someone else do the work for you.. It will need a bullet guide. Yes it's legal.

6. Saiga Mags - GUN STORES DO NOT FUCKING STOCK THEM AHHHHHH!!!! lol only the shotgun mags they have. Is their a good place to buy them and is their a brand or style I should avoid?

I have some for sale. but once you have a bullet guide put in, you will be able to use standard AK mags.

7. I want to put a different stock on it, mine has the classic butt-stock that I'm not crazy about and I need to keep it legal and costs in line.

2 ways to go about this.. 1, just buy a stock with a pistol grip that will fit on it as is, or 2, have it converted and it will be able to take any stamped receiver AK stock.

8. This something for down the road but how rails?

They make plenty for the Saiga.

I just want to know what you guys have had the best success with and find obscure things.

Danka....or should I say Spasibo lol

Blue is mine....
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

1.The oil can that comes with it. Is their a special oil that needs to be put in it? It's a gun, it will take any gun oil. Furthermore it's an AK, you could probably lube it with jizz.

2. I looked at the manual and looks like a real pain in the ass to break down. Does it need to be stripped down pretty far for cleaning or is their an easier way? It's an AK, other than the saiga handguards, they're silly easy to tear down. Pics of the manual?

3. Should I oil it up before I take it to the range? Stupid question I know but I just have zero experience with an "ak". Is their anywhere special it should be oiled? It doesn't seem to have much oil on it. Yeah, oil the action, don't oil the piston.

4. I saw 500 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62/39 on Cheaper Than Dirt. How is the BB ammo? For some reason something is screaming at me in my head to stay away because its junk and extremely dirty. I don't know if I read that or heard that so before I spent 110 I'd like to know.It's steel cased ammo, they're all just about the same

5. How easy is it to convert it to accept AK mags and is it legal? I don't know much about converting foreign rifles so they are legal. http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_conversion/step_8.htm

6. Saiga Mags - GUN STORES DO NOT FUCKING STOCK THEM AHHHHHH!!!! lol only the shotgun mags they have. Is their a good place to buy them and is their a brand or style I should avoid? It's not a real common gun as far as most gun shops are concerned, order your mags off the net or convert to AK mags.

7. I want to put a different stock on it, mine has the classic butt-stock that I'm not crazy about and I need to keep it legal and costs in line. Tapco makes one or you can have it converted into a real AK

8. This something for down the road but how rails? Look into the conversion process on the site I gave above, it would take any ak accesory after that.

(Lancaster County)

Strapped said it all...... I have heard good and bad about Siaga AK's. My good friend is a huge Saiga shotgun lover but he hates the AK's. Something or other about gas carbines er whatever. It was loud we were at the range lol. I don't care for AK's so i wasn't really listening that hard either.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    Blue is mine....
    hey thanks...i tried to give a ring before to ask ya this stuff and about the shotty...it's gone isn't it

(Northampton County)

Based on the poster and the thread title, this thread turned out to be very disappointing.

Just kidding, Mickey Enjoy your AK.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    hey thanks...i tried to give a ring before to ask ya this stuff and about the shotty...it's gone isn't it
    I'm available tonight if have any more questions about your new toy. And yep, the shottie is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Based on the poster and the thread title, this thread turned out to be very disappointing.

I was hoping for something better also...
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Lehigh County)

I was thinking the same thing, good for you Mickey, enjoy.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Luzerne County)

Total title false advertising.

I thought Mickey was going to enlighten us on not bringing our cc AR15's when doing our banking chores or early mall Christmas shopping.

boooooo.

(Lackawanna County)

hahahahhaha I did that to disappoint you lol

who wants to bet that someone will somehow pick something out of the first post and come after me lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast