Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default resizing a gun belt?

I bought a leather gun belt from A&G Leather awhile back. I've since lost weight and it's on the last hole. While ok for normal wear, it's too loose to use with a holster.

A&G will resize it for $35 plus 7.95 S&H. Plus I'd have to pay to ship it to them and be without a gun belt for however long it takes them to do it.

Is there anywhere in the central PA area that could do it cheaper and faster or do you think it would be better to let A&G do it?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: resizing a gun belt?

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    I bought a leather gun belt from A&G Leather awhile back. I've since lost weight and it's on the last hole. While ok for normal wear, it's too loose to use with a holster.

A&G will resize it for $35 plus 7.95 S&H. Plus I'd have to pay to ship it to them and be without a gun belt for however long it takes them to do it.

Is there anywhere in the central PA area that could do it cheaper and faster or do you think it would be better to let A&G do it?
    If you have a REAL shoe repair shop they will do it for you...for probably $10 or so.

(Montgomery County)

I lost 2 inches off my waste last year. I had to resize my gun belt. I did it myself. Using a leather punch, I added holes to the belt. I then trimmed off the excess belt length with an Exacto knife and smppther out the cut with a bit of sandpaper. Finally, a bit of shoe die to make the trimmed end less noticeable. I have had the leather punch for years. This is what it looks like.Unknown.jpeg. If you have no use for a leather punch other than the belt, best off at a local shoemaker who can do the job very inexpensively.

(Allegheny County)

On a good belt you are not adding holes.. You are actually going to remove the buckle, trim some of the belt from the back end and 're-make the buckle end of the belt. You don't want a ton of "tongue" on your belt..or billet. This is the strongest part of your belt and you are just wasting it.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    On a good belt you are not adding holes.. You are actually going to remove the buckle, trim some of the belt from the back end and 're-make the buckle end of the belt. You don't want a ton of "tongue" on your belt..or billet. This is the strongest part of your belt and you are just wasting it.
    this is what A&G said they would do to mine.

(York County)

:shrug: I just grabbed my cordless Dewalt, matched the existed holes to a drill bit, and added 4 new holes spaced the same as the old holes.
    It's an extremely durable, thick, $20 Amish-made and tough as nails belt. Right now the tongue is not too long, but I'm not using
    all the new holes.

Works perfectly. I should probably just buy a new belt, but the Dewalt was right there, and well...
    Time: 3 minutes. Cost: $0.00

I'll probably need a new one after the next 40lb weight loss but it's fine for now. Carrying a full-size solid steel 1911, 8+1, and
    2 spare magazines on the other side (8 round and 10 round), plus smart phone, flashlight and Kershaw knife in pockets, along with keys and wallet.

Some of those Amish really know how to make a belt.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I've just used a small drill bit, on several belts.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

You might want to check leather shops in your area also. We have one called Brackneys here and he can do just about anything.

(Perry County)

My dad new of an Amish guy who does leather work. We went out to his place today and he resized it for me. He cut of several inches from the end with holes and re-sewed the end and added a few holes. The end isn't as nice as it used to be but he only charged me $1.00, and no one is going to see it but me anyway.

(Bucks County)

Wouldn't it be easier to eat a few cheesesteaks and boxes of doughnuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast