Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Only in Alasaka...

...are you not arrested for having pot and a gun w/o a permit during a traffic stop. Any one watch the premiere of Alaskan State Troopers on Nat Geo last night? I wish they would have given statistics on the types of crimes in AK, are most people in lockup there for what? DUI? I'd probably be drunk all winter too if I had to deal with frigid cold and darkness half the year.

Also, I kind of felt the producers were anti-gun the way the troopers were explaining the two incidents were a gun was invovled. Esp the guy fishing legally and having a S&W500 at his side. Um, he did not buy a 500 with the intent to shoot a trooper, idiots.
    Last edited by dlclarkii; October 22nd, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Only in Alasaka...

Yes, I watched it last night, but I didn't feel any anti gun sentiment. It was said that 90% of Alaskan's were in possession of a firearm. I thought the Wildlife trooper did a great job when coming upon the fisherman. They talked as if friends and I didn't see where the Trooper acted like any of our LEO's. He did say that the guy had an encounter before and felt the 500 was a better choice than the .44.
    They said that in Alaska you do not need a permit for CC, and I didn't hear any charges aside from the no custody arrest for possession of Mary Jane.
    \
    But I did some checking and you do need a permit for CC. I would like to rewatch last nights episode. Because now that you said what you, did I am confused. I thought the kid got off easy with the pot/gun combination!
    When in Md. if a LEO pulled you over and found a roach in your ashtray, you were DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    Yes, I watched it last night, but I didn't feel any anti gun sentiment. It was said that 90% of Alaskan's were in possession of a firearm. I thought the Wildlife trooper did a great job when coming upon the fisherman. They talked as if friends and I didn't see where the Trooper acted like any of our LEO's. He did say that the guy had an encounter before and felt the 500 was a better choice than the .44.
    They said that in Alaska you do not need a permit for CC, and I didn't hear any charges aside from the no custody arrest for possession of Mary Jane.
    \
    But I did some checking and you do need a permit for CC. I would like to rewatch last nights episode. Because now that you said what you, did I am confused. I thought the kid got off easy with the pot/gun combination!
    When in Md. if a LEO pulled you over and found a roach in your ashtray, you were DONE!
    Could you cite your source for that info?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    \

I've knew a guy in MD that had a couple seeds and a stem in his car, he lost the car, his money he had on him, they got a search warrant for his house (found nothing) and he got 10 months in jail.......

I was born in MD and still have family out there, I DON'T VISIT EVER!!!!
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Lebanon County)

Nevermind upon further reading I found that a new law was enacted OCT 2009

The effective date of this law is October 07, 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaska Statute 11.61.220

(Philadelphia County)

you do not need a permit to cc in alaska but you do have to inform the officer that you are armed .

(Monroe County)

damn i missed it. wanted to see this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I didn't watch it but I remember seeing commericials for the show and one line really stuck out as anti-gun to me. During the commerical they mentioned
    One of the toughest law enforcement agencies in the nation, they patrol the rugged terrain of America’s largest state, where anyone they encounter could be armed.
    When I heard that it seemed to me like they were giving guns a real negative connatation and were trying to make it sound like an armed public was a bad thing.

But that's jmho, others may have thought differently.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    I didn't watch it but I remember seeing commericials for the show and one line really stuck out as anti-gun to me. During the commerical they mentioned
    When I heard that it seemed to me like they were giving guns a real negative connatation and were trying to make it sound like an armed public was a bad thing.

But that's jmho, others may have thought differently.
    EXACTLY my point! You know, they could say that about Allegheny county when what 80,000 residences have an LTCT in the county! That's anywhere in a shall issue state!

You recall how the news media went crazy with that guy in VT who had a gun at an Obama town hall meeting, saying OMG that guy has a gun!!!!! As if the 2A doesn't exist. Well that's what came to mind last night watching this show, the producers emphasizing AK as if it's the Wild West because everyone has gun, um yeah, I would think living in AK you really really need a gun with the wildlife.
    Last edited by dlclarkii; October 22nd, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    I've knew a guy in MD that had a couple seeds and a stem in his car, he lost the car, his money he had on him, they got a search warrant for his house (found nothing) and he got 10 months in jail.......

I was born in MD and still have family out there, I DON'T VISIT EVER!!!!

Dude, just vacuum the car and go see your folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast