Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Any Pike Township Gun Club members here?

Folks,

I recently came back to the states from being stationed in England, and bought a house in eastern Berks county. My house is very close to the Pike Township Gun Club, just west of Boyertown. Are there any Pike Township members using this forum? I'd like to know what the process is for joining.

Best regards,

Ray Wilson

(Berks County)

Default Re: Any Pike Township Gun Club members here?

Ray,

You need to find someone who is already a member to sponser you and swear you are not a terorist, comunist or any other kind of subversive character.

You will need to meet that person at the club anytime the bar is open and fill out an application. You hand the application and either $20.00 or $25.00 dollars to the bartender.

Then in a month and a half to two months, you will be notified whether or not you were accepted.

Muhlenberg Township, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I have been a member for years.....But i dont use the range just the trap shoot and the club house for dinner or drinks..... the rifle and pistol range is a bit to strict for me

(Berks County)

Thanks for the reply! Since my original post, Steve Custer was kind enough to meet me up there for a shoot, and sponsored me such that I could put in an application. Very painless process, although I have not heard back from them. I submitted my application on April 22nd - and as of July 23rd, nothing yet. I'm in no hurry - just wonder if they lost my application?!
    What in particular about the rules puts you off? Not being a member yet, I don't have insight into the procedures there.

Best regards,

Ray Wilson

Muhlenberg Township, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Well there is a fast fire rule a i think it is a three second rule or something like that I love the club and trap range is great i have been a member for years....but the whole deal is they just built a few new houses not far from the range and they have been giving the club some crap about guys dumping 30rd clips all day long i guess if you are sighting in something or breaking in a gun it a good place to go.....but if you like to dump 30rd clips fast as you can well you will hear about it rules are rules but it is a good club IMO ...oh it takes a little time for it to come back........it will happen .....

(Berks County)

Thanks again for the reply! Yeah, I can imagine those houses real close would be an issue. I figured the owners were members. Maybe the club ought to just buy 'em - one was for sale just recently.

As for the membership - I'll be patient!

Best regards,

Ray

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    I have been a member for years.....But i dont use the range just the trap shoot and the club house for dinner or drinks..... the rifle and pistol range is a bit to strict for me

Does anyone ever enforce any of the rules at Pike Township? I saw that semi-autos are prohibited, but in all of my trips to the pistol range, I am the only one I've ever seen there with a revolver. Everyone, including myself, shoots semi-auto there and nobody complains.

(Berks County)

Steve,

I finally received my membership card! Thank you for your help. Couldn't have done it without you.

Ray