Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default handgun retailers in the lehigh valley

What stores in the Lehigh Valley have a large selection of handguns that are competitively priced? Once I find a decent store, I'm definitely going to visit it to handle a few different guns. Do any of you guys have recommendations? Most of the stores in my immediate area are really small and don't have large selections.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: handgun retailers in the lehigh valley

I don't have huge experience shopping handguns. But if you buy one at Firing Line they will give you lifetime warrenty and 3 month range membership. At least it says that on their website, please confirm yourself.

American Sport Shooting is a great shop run by great people. Will probably take you about half an hour to get there.

That's all I got in Title I.

(Northampton County)

American Sport Shooting is very good and has a nice selection and decent prices.

Also, Cabela's has a good selection, but they tend to be pricier. For just looking at them and handling them, its pretty good.

I have also heard about Army Navy in Whitehall, but have never been to their firearms section, so I have no idea how they are.
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Northampton County)

A. F. Boyer Hardware & Guns
    130 Main ST
    Slatington, PA 18080
    (610) 767-3575
    M,T,R 8AM - 5:30PM
    W 8-12
    F 8-8
    Sat 8-5

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    What stores in the Lehigh Valley have a large selection of handguns that are competitively priced? Once I find a decent store, I'm definitely going to visit it to handle a few different guns. Do any of you guys have recommendations? Most of the stores in my immediate area are really small and don't have large selections.
    The Handgunner in Topton isn't too far from you and they have a decent selection and good prices.

If you want the biggest selection in the area, you can't beat Cabela's like Militiaman said.

(Lehigh County)

At this point, if you are only looking to fondle some guns, I recommend Cabelas. In my opinion they are definitely the priciest. A few times a year they have a special, if you buy $500 on their Cabelas credit card you get $100 off. If you hit that special, it definitely takes the edge off their crazy high markup.

Boyers selection is pretty small but his prices are fantastic and they will order you anything you want.

I have never bought anything from the Handgunner yet, but I will. I stopped in there on a Saturday, told them I was just looking and they let me hold anything I wanted and answered all my questions. Their selection is about three times the size of Boyers.

Even though Army and Navy is really close to me, I won't buy anything from them. They once asked one of our OCing members of the forum cover up while in the store. If they don't recognize our rights, they cannot have my money.

I have never bought a gun from the Firing Line but if you go spend some time up there they will give you an honest opinion as to what is good and what is bad. They get to see it all and they know what works and what doesn't. I wish I knew those guys before I made a few purchases. I just had a talk last weekend with one of their guys and he said that he would have absolutely talked me out of buying my Keltec 3AT because there are much better alternatives.

I have never been to American Sport Shooting, but if Ungawa says that they are great to deal with, I would definitely check them out. I just looked at their website and the store looks quite impressive.

I guess where the rubber meets the road is that if you have the time, check them all out and don't make an impulse buy.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by US Militiaman View Post
    American Sport Shooting is very good and has a nice selection and decent prices.

Also, Cabela's has a good selection, but they tend to be pricier. For just looking at them and handling them, its pretty good.

I have also heard about Army Navy in Whitehall, but have never been to their firearms section, so I have no idea how they are.
    Army Navy's selection as of a week and a half ago was slim pickings. Alot of their cases were almost empty... I don't know if they got a shipment or not. Good luck with your search.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Schuylkill County)

I'm going to have to side with US Militiaman, go to American Sport Shooting, Rich and Paulie will definitly take care of you, it is a little bit of a drive but well worth it. you will not find a better shop anywhere period.

(Northampton County)

Thumbs up Re: handgun retailers in the lehigh valley

I'm heading down to Seneca Arms in Green Lane tomorrow. I've heard great things on these forums about the owner, John. Green Lane is south of Macungie, but not too far...about 22 miles from downtown Allentown.

(Lehigh County)

With the exception of Cabela's (which is a bit far and a bit pricey), the Army/Navy store on Grape Street has some of the best selection at some of the best prices in the area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast