Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CC on Military base?

I hope to receive an internship with the Coast Guard working with the servicemen. As of now it looks good that I will work at Either Yorktown VA, or Miami FL. Question is: Would I be able to CC on a military base such as the Coast Guard? I am not enlisted just working for them, just want to get an idea of the laws. Anyone have an idea? Thank you..
    ΑΣΦ

(Venango County)

Default Re: CC on Military base?

Short Answer: Nope....Federal Installation

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Lehigh County)

Most military installations forbid personal weapons. Some posts require you "register" the weapon when you enter/exit post. This policy is for service persons I do not know what the policy would be for civilians.

My suggestion is when you stop at the gate to get your vehicle pass, ask the guy/gal at the counter. DO NOT have your weapon in the car when you ask them. By entering a military installation, you consent to search of your vehicle and person. If they find it, they will take it and you will have to fight to get it back. Some MP's are very, very, very over zealous when it comes to their job. Have you ever heard the saying "a 19 yr old with a badge..." they can be very difficult to deal with. I almost lost my career over some training aids (very real looking IEDs) I had in my car when I went on post. They had their pistols drawn, had me face down on the pavement... the thing is when they searched my car I warned them before I opened the trunk. Had the shift leader not been my golf buddy it really could have been bad for my career and freedom.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lackawanna County)

Generally, CC is forbidden; this can be waived by the CO. OC is at local option, and not uncommon, but generally WITHOUT one in the pipe.

Their playground, their rules.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    Short Answer: Nope....Federal Installation
    Agreed.

Even military members are generally not allowed to carry personally owned firearms on base, and must keep them stored in the unit arms room under lock and key.
    You could ask permission from the garrison/base commander, but you'll probably be told that you can't do it.
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Monroe County)

I can tell you 1st hand- for Yorktown, NO!!!!
    DO NOT HAVE IT on you or in the car. They do ramdom searches.

It's the biggest reason I have yet to get mine cause when I need it the most I can't have it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Jefferson County)

Absolutely not for civilians.

Even most service members cant even bring their private arms on base unloaded and locked up, let alone carry. And then most Provosts require the arms to be stored at the armory/arms storage unit.

Now, some bases do allow hunting on the grounds but you'd have to get prior permission to do so. And most will only allow hunting rifles and shotguns for that purpose, and they will be checked and registered at the gate.

not for anyone, unless you have been told you are able to in writing by the base comander... (you would have to be NCIS or something to the effect, or a LEO FROM THE LOCAL AREA)

bad juju... dont do it...
    This Space For Rent

(Monroe County)

Again what he said^

Unless your a LEO or have a Mil issue duty weapon you cannot carry in any form on base.
    Some do allow hunting but there are steps, never just show up to a base with guns.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

BAD IDEA- I knew several people stupid enough to keep guns either in the dorm or in their car on base. ALL of them were dealt with severely. At Mcguire they surrounded the dorm early one morning, rousted everybody out of their rooms, and searched EVERYTHING, even cutting locks on lockers. I was TDY, came back to find my room tossed and my lockers wide open.

At the time I was using a training dummy 105mm artillery shell for a doorstop. The guys said there was some SERIOUS commotion when they went in my room. Apparently nobody saw it by the door until they were inside and past it. I had to pick it up 2 weeks later at my first sergants office.

At Travis in California the cops would periodically walk the dogs through the parking lots, sniffing for weapons/ammunition. Several people got popped that way. And if they offer to let you store your stuff at the copshop, I know several bases where cops took peoples guns to the range without permission.

My stuff spent my 2 years in Cali in a friends private home in Vacaville.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast