Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Handgunners of Topton and...

I like the idea of this section and I even like the rules. I have had experiences with many gun shops but so far the best has been The Handgunner Shop of Topton.
    17 W Weis St
    Topton, PA 19562
    610-682-6714.

So far the staff I have met consist of two experienced gentlemen who made me feel welcome and truly wanted as a customer. They allowed me to look at three different 1911's and even take them apart! The gentlemen helping me asked me to pick out the differences myself and then if I had any questions to address him. They don't have the largest selection in the area but they will order you whatever your heart desires. I ended up ordering a 1911 I had not even given a though too until I went there. (I would tell you what it was but I'm afriad everyone would think I was too mallninja-ish)

I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new sidearm and cannot wait to report back on his after sale service. As far as things stand now they will be my sole watering hole.

GunTraders of Rt 61 had been my goto store but I had many issues with them that were not averted by slightly lower prices. I bought 3 firearms from them and sold them 1. I always felt like I was being pressured into a sale and if I did not follow the advice given then I would just make a mistake. I never felt valued or even wanted in the store. As if I was only a hinderence and not spending nearly enough money to be worth the time.

Aside from that they had the best prices, a great selection and always ordered whatever I wanted.

However I will gladly pay a little more to feel appriciated.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Handgunners of Topton and...

Those guys are great. Smith work (from my experience) has been well done and priced right. They shoot competitively and are ready to talk shooting with even the noob.

They are my go to store as well.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Luzerne County)

"Randy" does excellent work.

(Lehigh County)

Just wanted to give these guys another positive review. I just bought my first firearm and had an excellent experience with Randy and the others at the Handgunner.

I was looking for a Beretta 92FS, but they had a 92G (I didn't even know they existed). Good price, good service. They were happy to deal with me even though I'm obviously new to guns.

(Berks County)

Funny, I had the exact opposite happen to me! I was at Gun Traders late last fall to check out some prices on used handguns. I had my 5 yo daughter with me. A "Mister Softie" truck pulls up out front & my daughter went nuts (as always) but I had left my wallet at home by accident. I just quitely told her we'd get some later at home & explained to her that Daddy was a big dummy & forgot his money at home. The big guy there said "It's okay honey, tell me what you want and I'll go out and get it for you". He went out and bought her a vanilla cone and brought it back into the store! Up to that point I had never bought anything from them and was only ever in the store 1 or 2 times before that.....not to mention it was obvious I had no money with me that day to spend. That "random act" will forever be in my mind. I've since bought a rifle from them as well as ALL my ammo. Their prices even beat WalMart most times to boot. I've always been treated with nothing but respect & patience there.

The Handgunner on the other hand dropped the ball on me. I was looking for a CZ gunsmith & they were listed as an authorized dealer so i emailed them about having the trigger lightened. They did respond a few days later and gave the low down on why not to go "too" light, which I appreciated. I then asked for prices to do the trigger work as well as replace the sights to a true "night sight" not the crappy ones that are on there now. They failed to respond even after another repeated request, so I pretty much wrote them off. I don't want to drive 40 minutes to get to the sop only to find out they can't/won't do it or is too expensive to do. Like I said, I think it was simple dropping of the ball on their part. I've heard nothing but good things from other people as well about them.....but my time is vauluable to me and all I wanted (as I stated in my email) was a ballpark figure.

(Chester County)

I'll give another positive experience for the Handgunner. The quality of work is great. He has always been able to get what I needed. I also have since moved but still go to his shop once or twice a month even thought the drive is about an hour and 30 minutes. Randy has alway treated me good. Prices fair and a private transfer is still around $15,,,

(Berks County)

Handgunner is A+, I have a few jobs lined up for them to smith on, and have sent a few friends there with good reports.

Dont be too hard on Guntraders, Bill comes off as a grouch sometimes, but he's done some stellar deals for me in the past, and doesn't mind if I kill an hour in his shop fondling and conversing. He's opinionated towards what guns he likes, but heck, so am I. And Mike certainly can teach a noob their way around about any firearm.