Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default More praise for DeSantis

I wasn't sure where the best place was to put this, so I will put it here. Last year I posted about a very good experience with DeSantis Holsters. I had lost the tension screw to a holster and they sent me a replacement out free of charge. Well they did it to me again!

I purchased an OWB thumb break scabbard for an L frame S&W revolver about three months ago. It was very tight. So I followed their directions, and did everything they suggested to get it to fit right. Nothing worked. I wore the holster around, I wrapped the gun to make it stretch the holster, nothing. It was so tight I had to practically drop my drawers and grab the grip with both hands to get the thing out of its holster. It was not a pretty sight! I told the people at DeSantis it was so hard to get it out that an old lady with an umbrella could hobble up and crack me a good one before I got the draw on her.

But I did call them and ask them what to do. The very nice lady there told me that they would check their mold gun to see how it fit in a similar holster, and get back to me. The next day she called to tell me that the mold gun fit just fine, and that they would be sending a call tag to me so I could return the holster for repair or replacement. Within one week I had it back stretched out so that my gun now fits perfectly, and I can draw almost as fast as John Wayne!

When I called, I was prepared to spend money to send the holster in, and perhaps even to have it adjusted. But they took that all on themselves and at their own initiative. I know there are a lot of custom holster makers out there, but these things have worked out real well for me, and their customer service is well above what one would expect from a larger company.

Default Re: More praise for DeSantis

I like the DeSantis holsters very much, Im just saddened that they do not make one for my XD.45 tactical...I searched their website and then gave them a call and i was informed they do not make a holster for that model XD..Other then that i had no problems with DeSantis. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a very good holster..Just my .02 cents

Yeah I LOVE DeSantis holsters ... we use them on damn near everything. Good to hear they are a 'stand up' kind of company too. Let's me know I haven't wasted my money supporting some company that doesn't 'do' customer service well.

(Lackawanna County)

i own 3 of their holsters; all of them are nice for the price. i modified the holster for my 1911; i thought a thumb break for a CC holster was unnecessary, so i cut it off. i'm glad to see they took care of you.

(Northampton County)

I'll give a +1 to desantis.

I've been using their "cozy partner" IWB with my M&P 9c for over a year and just purchased their "nemesis" pocket holster for my LCP. I placed the order online and had the holster in hand within 48 hrs. That's a pretty unbelievable shipping time imo.

IMO they make high quality stuff at a reasonable price. Definitely one of the better "off the shelf" holster makers. Highly recommended if you need something in a hurry and can't wait for a custom holster.
    Let them take arms

(Monroe County)

DeSantis is a topnotch company to deal with , i have many of thier holsters, top quality equipment and they back thier products no matter how old or worn out it is , if it has that DeSantis logo on it they will back it.

I grew up on Long Island just down the road from them when they were in New Hyde park.

Nyman