Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Daily Carry Weapon - 10 Yards - 5 Shots - Best Group - DL:12-14-09

As Suggested by John we have the next competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    If I may suggest the next online competition....How about another paper plate competition with carry weapons. Whatever your carry weapon is....5 shots from 10yds! Just a suggestion
    this one will go to: Monday 12-14-09 plates must be submitted before 11:59pm monday night. That give you 2 weekends to get out to the range and get a entry.

-Paper plate of any size is considered an acceptable target. Dots or markers for the center of the plate are permitted.
    -The firearm you use must be you most carried daily firearm not your tricked out 1911 target gun :-)
    -The distance is 10 Yards. no more. no less
    -all doesnt have to be your carry ammo since most defensive ammo is expensive. so any ammo is allowed
    -No telescopic sights. Iron sights and otherwise non-magnifying sights (such as red dots or laser sights) are permitted.
    -Off hand, standing shooting only! No benchrests, sandbags, prone or sitting position. One or two hands is fine.
    -if it is not on a paper plate it wont be accepted :-)

Whoever gets the smallest 5-shot group on their plate will be declared the winner. Groups are measured from center of hole to center of hole between the two most divergent holes in the group. Alternatively, you can measure from same-side edges of both holes (the number should be the same using either measurement method). Posting a picture of your paper plate and official entry group (one per contestant!) with a ruler or tape measure for scale is required. Please also list the ammo you're using as well as your make/model of gun.

The deadline for this contest is Monday, December 14, 2009. All entries must be posted by then. The winner will receive absolutely nothing just respect and maybe some rep from everybody Any questions or comments, feel free to ask. Otherwise, good luck and happy shooting.

Any other suggestions for rules/stipulations?

Picture Hosting Password = pafoa
    Last edited by xXWildPonyXx; December 3rd, 2009 at 11:54 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Daily Carry Weapon - 10 Yards - 5 Shots - Best Group - DL:12-14-09

-The firearm you use must be you most carried daily firearm not your tricked out 1911 target gun :-)
    What if my tricked out 1911 target gun IS what I carry usually?
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    ...then you are a brave man.

(Chester County)

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm game - I'll pick up a paper plate on my way to the range on Saturday. My carry weapon is certainly no tricked out 1911, just a lowly Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro. I've been practicing recently, we'll see if it has paid off. I'll use my defense ammo just for the fun of it - 180gr Federal HST.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

if you carry a tricked out 1911 thats fine then just working on the honor system. you just have to shoot the gun that you carry majority of the time.

i guess if you were to carry a tc encore pistol with a 14" barrel that would technically be ok, but you have to be carrying it majority of the time for it too count.

(Cumberland County)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by General Geoff

Why do you say that???
    MOLON LABE

sig pro 2022 9mm
    federal 115 grn
    12/3/09

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by General Geoff

Why do you say that???
    i think he basically was just going by the "dont modify a carry gun" logic. basically some people are under the impression that if you modify a carry gun and your are in a defense situation the prosecutor can use that against you. also modifications can cause malfunctions.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXWildPonyXx View Post
    i think he basically was just going by the "dont modify a carry gun" logic. basically some people are under the impression that if you modify a carry gun and your are in a defense situation the prosecutor can use that against you. also modifications can cause malfunctions.

That could be, I was thinking more along the lines of my lady catching me using one of our nice guns and messing it up with the inevitable holster wear and dings when I have a perfectly good Glock to mess up. If this happenned I would need luck to survive.

(Lehigh County)

To me, holster wear is beautiful.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast